Solved COD MW Textures not loading

Apr 22, 2020
Visit site
I i have just got a new pc there and COD MW has just finished downloading but when i started it, firstly it took for ever to finally get the shaders installed and when they did, none of the textures on anything would properly load in.

The PC Specs are:
- NZXT 510i Case
- NZXT Kraken x63
- MSI 2070 Super 8GB
- ASrock B365 Pro4 Motherboard
- Corsair Vengance RGB Pro 16GB RAM
- Be Quiet 600W PSU
- 2tb HHD
- 1tb SSD

View: https://imgur.com/gallery/doog7BP

Solution
hey, im experiencing the same issue only on my rig with a GTX1060 6gb it gets as low as 8fps and is unplayable

Hey Zen, ive now solved the problem i moved the game from my SSD to my hard drive as the SSD can cause stuttering and once moved, deleted it off the SSD, found it on the battle net browser then scanned and fixed the game and all of the problems have been solved hope this works for you mate! best of luck
Apr 22, 2020
Visit site
not sure i know how to do that.... through the geforce experience software i have set the setting to preformance rather than quality to everything is at its lowest setting and still no difference. but the shadow caches are turned off

Apr 22, 2020
Visit site
So quick update.

I reinstalled the game without stopping or pausing the download and most of the textures are there, although some map textures and completely missing and some walls are completely invisable.

This can sometimes make she game run horribly at 20-30 fps on a 2070 super 8gb GPU which shouldnt be happening??

Apr 22, 2020
Visit site
hey, im experiencing the same issue only on my rig with a GTX1060 6gb it gets as low as 8fps and is unplayable

Hey Zen, ive now solved the problem i moved the game from my SSD to my hard drive as the SSD can cause stuttering and once moved, deleted it off the SSD, found it on the battle net browser then scanned and fixed the game and all of the problems have been solved hope this works for you mate! best of luck

Reactions: Mknott and Frindis
Solution
Apr 22, 2020
Visit site
Did you already try verifying / repairing the game files when the installation was on the SSD out of interest?
i did several times, i also reinstalled the game on the SSD but as soon as i moved it onto my HDD it started working 110% with no missing textures or stuttering, was also around a 30 min fix compared to the 12+ hour reinstall on the SSD which didnt fix it

Super weird. I mean great that you can play the game and not have problems! This is the main thing. :) But also super weird.

How much free SSD space did you have when Warzone was on it?

What model is your SSD?

Is the install size the same on the SSD as on the HDD?

Apr 1, 2020
Visit site
I too have had this problem. Usually reinstalling works for awhile then comes back. Experiencing stutters currently. You believe moving the game to HDD completely solved this? I have a Aorus nvme with less than 50% utilized.

Hmm. It's hard to see why moving it off the SSD would help. I don't question that it did, would just love to know why. Perhaps another process was using the disk in a way that made it load the textures slowly. It wouldn't necessarily show up as high disk usage in task manager.

It does seem to be a thing with Warzone that affects quite a lot of people.

We may never know...

Nov 17, 2020
Visit site
I i have just got a new pc there and COD MW has just finished downloading but when i started it, firstly it took for ever to finally get the shaders installed and when they did, none of the textures on anything would properly load in.

The PC Specs are:
- NZXT 510i Case
- NZXT Kraken x63
- MSI 2070 Super 8GB
- ASrock B365 Pro4 Motherboard
- Corsair Vengance RGB Pro 16GB RAM
- Be Quiet 600W PSU
- 2tb HHD
- 1tb SSD

View: https://imgur.com/gallery/doog7BP

This is an old thread now but I just experienced this same issue in Nov 2020 and was tearing my hair out until finally found something online that worked (and didn't involve moving game to another HDD) So posted to help others. I also have a 1060 6GB but it could be coincidence.

First CTRL+ALT+DEL and under processes make sure that anything Blizzard is ended, then:

-Press windows button + R
-Search for %ProgramData%
-Delete folders 'Battle.net' and 'Blizzard Entertainment'
-Then reload battlenet, go into Warzone and it will reload all shaders and recreate the two folders

This worked perfectly for me

Reactions: SIMMSY25
Apr 22, 2020
Visit site
Another Update in case this problem occurs for anyone else, When this post was made and the problem was occurring my pc had 16gb 3200mhz DDR4 Ram but was limited to 1000mhz as XMP was knocked off.

Yesterday i installed an additional 16gb to bring it up to 32gb and only noticed it.

This may have been the issue, im not 100% but if anyone is unsure open task manager -> Performance -> Memory and then make sure your speed is correct.

If not, restart your pc and open BIO settings and enable XMP and set your ram to the correct speed and voltage, there are lots of videos on how to do this :)

Good luck!

TRENDING THREADS