Coconut Monkey Cornerclub

Page 18 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
I finally got my gaming PC back from my youngest son. I also just got a 2TB SSD to replace my 7200RPM HDD, so it's quite a bit snappier at loading stuff. I spent today reinstalling Windows and all of my games and apps. Now I'm using it as an office PC, as well as gaming, instead of just having it dedicated to my TV. Who knows? Maybe I'll even play some games with keyboard and mouse instead of controller. Probably not, though. :D

Zloth

Community Contributor
What does everyone use to record their PC screen these days? I'm talking about if I want to record outside of an app, which Nvidia doesn't seem to do. I've always used Bandicam to record my screen in Track or Excel or wherever, but I'm getting a little annoyed with it. Paid options are fine.
NVIDIA does do it. Just hit the record button any time. It saves to an application called "Desktop". You have to turn on the option under "Privacy Control" in the settings.

If you need to stay below radar, give me a shout—I never rose above #11 on the Most Wanted list, there's a knack to not being intense.

If quality isn't a deal, your phone or camera is probably simplest.
She's making a presentation to the Board of Directors to get them familiar with the product they just bought because it costs a lot of money and not everyone is happy, so probably a phone wouldn't be the best idea.

Funny enough, it's the software the company I used to work for makes. She waited until I retired to put the ball in motion because she didn't want people to think she was just buying it because of her husband.

All of your hard work was for nothing, though, because I figured out the problem with Bandicam, which was how it was encoding my recordings. Um...I'll mail you some scrambled eggs for your trouble. I accidentally made too much, so the timing is perfect.

Ummm....

Vols?? ;)
Short for volunteers. Got the nickname because of the War of 1812 when so many Tennesseans volunteered and Andrew Jackson said, after the Battle of New Orleans, "Give me 1000 Tennesseans and i'll whip 10000 men from anywhere else on the planet." Outnumbered by the British by a significant amount, Jackson lost something like 70 people to Britain's 2000.

Then when the war for Texas independence came, they asked Tennessee for 2000 volunteers and 30,000 showed up. Houses all across the state had signs that read "GTT" for gone to Texas.

I missed my Fantasy Football draft. That makes me happy. I hate doing the draft. I told the league manager it was @Brian Boru 's fault. I almost never found Brian's phone number. When he calls you, just be really nice and you should be fine. He's kind of like a mafia thug, but inside that sweet façade is a dark place you don't want to disturb.
The "Fantasy" for us Seahawks fans this year is hoping they'll at least be able to manage a winning season. It's not looking good so far. I think they're still in denial about what it takes to acquire a quarterback capable of leading a team to that result, especially in the NFC West. You'd think they'd know better than trying to cobble together pretty much any position on a low budget by now. Some analysts are now saying they feel Denver might become the best team in the AFC West, even over the Chiefs, and it's all because of the QB we gave up. It's not surprising Russ wanted to leave, they never let him do what he's capable of. I'm sure in the season opener coming up against the Broncos, Russ will put up well over 300 yds against us. Carrol and crew were always happy if he had just 200-250 yds. That's not the way to use a QB that can put up 29 points easily in the Precision Passing competition at the Pro Bowl. He literally made everyone else look like high school players.

(Skip to 5:45 if you just want to see Russel's throws)
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGUMFbArIKk

Last edited:
The "Fantasy" for us Seahawks fans this year is hoping they'll at least be able to manage a winning season. It's not looking good so far. I think they're still in denial about what it takes to acquire a quarterback capable of leading a team to that result, especially in the NFC West. You'd think they know better than trying to cobble together pretty much any position on a low budget by now. Some analysts are now saying they feel Denver might become the best team in the AFC West, even over the Chiefs, and it's all because of the QB we gave up. It's not surprising Russ wanted to leave, they never let him do what he's capable of. I'm sure in the season opener coming up against the Broncos, Russ will put up well over 300 yds against us. Carrol and crew were always happy if he had just 200-250 yds. That's not the way to use a QB that can put up 29 points easily in the Precision Passing competition at the Pro Bowl. He literally made everyone else look like high school players.

(Skip to 5:45 if you just want to see Russel's throws)
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGUMFbArIKk
Hey, at least you aren't a Washington fan. They haven't been good since Joe Gibbs left the first time in 1990 (circa).

Hey, at least you aren't a Washington fan. They haven't been good since Joe Gibbs left the first time in 1990 (circa).
LOL, yeah I have to wonder if they chose the name Commanders in a desperate attempt to exude some feeling of control so the fans wouldn't give up on them.

As far as "at least" goes though, Seahawks fans don't tend to compare their team to the lowest common denominator. We've gotten used to much higher standards than that when Russ was around. Sadly that's been slowly slipping away though, and I blame a lot of it on really bad coaching decisions. Like that 2014 Super Bowl we could have and should have easily won had Carrol not panicked and taken 30 sec off the clock for fear Brady would march all the way down and score a touchdown. The Offensive Coordinator also chose a really bad play to bank the touchdown on, a slant route to the number 4 receiver. Most fans and analysts were shocked they didn't try running it in with Marshawn Lynch a couple times, as they had enough downs to do that AND throw a pass. Just idiotic stuff that no NFL coaching staff should have tried. It's amazing Russ put up with that kind of crap for so long.

Last edited:

Zloth

Community Contributor
I think they're still in denial about what it takes to acquire a quarterback capable of leading a team to that result, especially in the NFC West.
What it takes? You mean waiting for the 49'ers to get a new QB then hiring their old one? That worked for us quite a few times!

Denver? What's this? Come on, we just need 13 seconds

I may have made my last post on the sports forum I've been on for 20 years if they don't delete a racist post someone made. I'm hoping the problem is just that it's Sunday morning and the mods haven't shown up yet.
Yeah I used to lurk on the NFL.com message boards after Seahawk games just to get a pulse on the fan reactions. It got more and more abrasive, but there was always 1 or 2 diehard Hawks fans that would step in and say something super nice. Now it looks like you have to subscribe to even see the content, which is when I figured I have better things to do. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
My wife got us tickets to the October 30th Colts game, which happens to be against the Commanders. Hopefully we can at least win that one. :D
I used to have hope for Matt Ryan, and Nick Foles has had his moments, but the sun is starting to set on those lads, and I'm not sure the new guy can pick up the slack. I can really relate to QB problems right now though, quite a sore subject with us Hawks fans lately. Most I know (and myself) are predicting Russ will shred us in the home opener. He's no doubt saying "Go Broncs" at the end of every interview now.

There's a local radio station that has a side business of web development. The funny part is that their website is horrible and rarely even works when you want to listen to them online. If you do manage to connect, it constantly disconnects. I just think it's humorous that these guys think people would pay them to make a website.
wow that's funny...

you could probably find a better webdev off of Fiverr than those guys, just judging by your description. 🤣

A haphazard website put up by a radio station is just another sign of how desperate for listeners they've become. It's like when the newspaper guy comes trying to sell you a subscription and just gives you that look when you tell him you get your news off the net. You don't dare further elaborate by telling him it's also less messy, (no smelly ink smudges on my fingers, or fire/rodent hazard clutter), less expensive, less time consuming, and less trees being cut down. That can start a hostile argument I found. I suppose it's even worse now after the global pandemic. The smart ones are quick to adapt, as complaining and arguing only perpetuates the problem.

A haphazard website put up by a radio station is just another sign of how desperate for listeners they've become. It's like when the newspaper guy comes trying to sell you a subscription and just gives you that look when you tell him you get your news off the net. You don't dare further elaborate by telling him it's also less messy, (no smelly ink smudges on my fingers, or fire/rodent hazard clutter), less expensive, less time consuming, and less trees being cut down. That can start a hostile argument I found. I suppose it's even worse now after the global pandemic. The smart ones are quick to adapt, as complaining and arguing only perpetuates the problem.

Yeah, our local music channels have a mix of local DJ's and syndicated DJ's, which I assume is to save money. The only channels that seem to be avoiding most of the downturn are the ones who do nothing but local talk shows. We have 2 local sports talk channels and one local political talk channel. We're a large enough market that a lot of these talk show hosts are syndicated to other markets in TN.

Since I don't travel for work now, I don't have satellite radio in my car anymore, and the local music channels just frustrate me with their non-stop commercials, so if I'm not in the mood for sports or political talk, I just turn the radio off.

So far the Orkin man is a failure. Every Sunday morning I clean the pool, and every Sunday morning it's a horror show. Take the lid off the skimmers and the things are just teaming with Black Widow spiders. And I have to get elbow deep in these things to get the baskets out. I've been paying an exterminator for the last couple of months and there's been no change, and I even discussed this specific problem with him. Fortunately, I only have a few more weeks then I'm closing the pool for the year.

Honestly, I don't even like having a pool anymore, and it's been a chore through the years. Besides the constant maintenance, we've had to replaster it twice, which is really expensive (like the cost of a starter vehicle). We've had to have the diving board and water slide removed and the concrete fixed. One year I forgot to winterize and we needed a new pump and filter the next year. Two other years the pump just didn't work at all after sitting all winter. And the lawn guy chopped through the electric cable that works the lights. And we've had dead birds, hoards of frogs and Black Widows. It's a pain.

Last edited:
@ZedClampet You just have to find a way to balance the arachnids to amphibians to birds to insects ratio so nothing is left. A flamethrower might just be the best solution or perhaps a sign that says: "No female black widows allowed in the pool"!😅
I thought about putting up a bat habitat to get rid of mosquitos, but then I'd have to get something to get rid of the bats....

I had a children's book I loved when I was small. This castle had a mouse problem, so they brought in cats, then it had a cat problem and brought in dogs, then tigers, then elephants, then back to mice. :D

TRENDING THREADS