Coconut Monkey Cornerclub

Page 94 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
I think the normal human state should be one of anxiety. People who aren't experiencing it either aren't paying attention or are in denial. People should be asking their therapists why they aren't scared out of their minds.

This puts psychology at odds with reality and means that it is ultimately doomed to fail, as its whole purpose becomes to teach you to deceive yourself or to lose yourself in the unimportant.

Last edited:
normal human state should be one of anxiety

Peace brother.

No need for anxiety, I got enough of that from a previous mother-in-law—the world does not need more mother-in-laws!

We'll all be gone soon enough, so no reason to worry—and why the heck waste that limited time worrying, when you could be drunk or playing a farm sim?

:D

Peace brother.

No need for anxiety, I got enough of that from a previous mother-in-law—the world does not need more mother-in-laws!

We'll all be gone soon enough, so no reason to worry—and why the heck waste that limited time worrying, when you could be drunk or playing a farm sim?

:D
Well, I'm allergic to alcohol, but I can definitely play a farming game.

I think the normal human state should be one of anxiety. People who aren't experiencing it either aren't paying attention or are in denial. People should be asking their therapists why they aren't scared out of their minds.

This puts psychology at odds with reality and means that it is ultimately doomed to fail, as its whole purpose becomes to teach you to deceive yourself or to lose yourself in the unimportant.

There are upsides to denial and to anxiety. Having a mix of people, some of which in denial and some of which anxious gives you the advantages of both.

Plastic mac comes with square hood and drop-down binocs disguised as glasses ;)

G5tSrFu.png

Plastic mac comes with square hood and drop-down binocs disguised as glasses ;)

G5tSrFu.png
I was kind of confused by your comment. I never knew until now that what these were called. I can't stand wearing them. You look odd and feel like you are wearing a trash bag, but they are nice to have. I usually end up buying them on location instead of planning ahead, which is probably why the one in the picture looks like a higher quality than the ones I'm used to. I guess so long as it's raining, or at least looking like rain, it doesn't look too odd. I'm just not a fan of wearing them.

Thanks for sharing. I appreciate all the advice I can get. I just reread my post, and I made myself sound about 500 percent more authoritarian than I was in reality.

There are some differences in her story. She joined the Marine Corps out of high school. She was in for less than a year before she was honorably discharged due to a serious injury she got from a third round of combat training while waiting to become a code breaker. She thus went to college knowing how bad things can really get. Loss prevention is bad, but it's not Marine Corps bad, where they very literally came within inches of killing her while forcing her to redo combat training, over and over, including a 48 hour death march, because the code breaking school was running 8 weeks behind. A couple of weeks after her incident, they succeeded in killing a recruit.

Back to modern times, she loves college and has a 4.0 average and she sits on the student counsel. She's only planning on leaving because she thinks her time is up, like this is high school where they kick you out after 4 years. If she told me she was burned out, I wouldn't hesitate to tell her to take a break, but she's not. She might could hide this from me, but she couldn't hide it from her roommate--Guido. I have eyes on the ground, so to speak. Plus, she wouldn't hide that from me, anyway, and she sounded genuinely relieved to have her clock reset by the person who's agreeing to pay her bills while she figures it out.

She says she will schedule career counseling as soon as school opens back up.

Ahh ok, That makes more sense now and certainly different from my own circumstances.

Similar thing happened to a buddy of mine in the Marines, blew out his knee and another acquaintance took a serious spill on the deck of a ship while deploying and has been permanently disabled ever since.

I showed this to my wife. She didn't care. Just wanted you to experience a little of my world. :ROFLMAO:

Isn't that just what marriage is? She shows me couches she wants to buy and I tell her about how my newest tank model isn't exactly like the other ones, because this one is historically accurate to 1942 versus the other which is 1943.

Why are some people left-handed? 5m
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGLYcYCm2FM

Any other lefties here?

Interesting video.

My oldest is left handed, not too sure about the younger one yet. My Dad is/was left handed, but the Nuns in school beat it out of him and a close friend of mine is a lefty.

Both kids are at school today. The youngest started full day preschool today and the older started first grade yesterday, which means I have a load of time to myself today, which is weird. First time in six and a half years that this has happened (aside from random breaks here and there), so...

I should probably clean my house and change out a kitchen fixture for one my wife just bought, it would make her happy. On the other hand, I really need to prepare for this tournament that's coming in less than two weeks, which I need to paint a few models for.

Which is a damn annoying aspect of my personality. I spent months thinking I probably wasn't going to go, only to discover late last week that my wife is taking the kids to her friends house that day and I have nothing better to do and now I want to go to the tournament. But it's a theme of my life to wait until the finish line is in sight to finally start on a project, then rush it to completion; boy I'm dumb.

I can't stand wearing them

Oh definitely an item to be kept tightly rolled up until the downpour starts—don't take it out for a little drizzle.

wait until the finish line is in sight to finally start on a project

While we're waiting for the poll results on the 'I'm dumb' bit, take heart that there are many dum people who thrive on performing under such pressure.

Well, I'm allergic to alcohol
Me too! My mother is half Japanese and I got that syndrome from her, but none of my siblings got it. I once watched my brother down an entire pitcher of beer at a bowling alley and play a 200 point game, meanwhile I drink one small can of beer and my heart is beating out of my chest and I’m as red as the PCG logo.

Can't say that I'm all that excited about cougars moving back into the area.

ManCougar-1-18-19.jpg

Population is small now, but with millions of people going to the national park every year, it's only a matter of time...

They've employed full-time hunters to thin the boar population. May not have to do that much longer. Free kitty food. Although some wild boars can get too big even for cougars.

There are cougars in more areas than you might realise. If you're worried about one getting you, or someone you love, there are websites nowadays where you can find the locations of your nearest cougars:

Thanks. Not worried. Mildly concerned about the hikers. I'd be very worried if @Colif were bringing his huntsman spiders over.

View: https://youtu.be/JUTdRZNqODY

May be useful for your next Windows installation. Removes every last piece of unnecessary software that is bundled with the default Windows installation software. It does remove EVERYTHING, such as Edge, calculator, and more to give the absolutely cleanest Windows install possible.

The creator used an AI code generator to write the code for him, but he did test it and apparently it works. He offers his bit of code to get this working, but mentioned you can use a free program with ChatGPT built in to help restore certain things you may want to keep. He also mentions that he “tweaked and configured” a few extra things but gives no info on what it is specially he changed. I think in theory this is a great idea, but I wish someone would do this and be more transparent about the things they have changed so you know what is going on. If it’s just things like location tracking, data collection for personalization being disabled, stuff like that, I wouldn’t have a problem with it but I would like to know exactly what was changed.

Woke up this morning and it was 63/17 degrees out. Perfection. Hopefully the worst of summer is over, but I'm sure it isn't.

I feel like we've had a relatively mild summer here. Hasn't felt like we've had nights that are 80*+ and it's been pretty consistently down into the 60's at night and sticks around 60-70 through most of the morning until finally heating-up to 90*+ in the afternoon for a few hours before beginning to cool around sunset.

That said, we do have wildfires, which have been driving my allergies nuts.

And, as expected, I'm already sick. The kids have only been in school a week as of today, but they immediately caught something and brought it home. I had a helluva time trying to sleep last night, as did my wife and I think we both are sitting somewhere around 3-hours. That said, after coming down with it rapidly yesterday, I do feel like I'm already improving; my throat doesn't have that tickle anymore, but my nose is still running and clogged and my eyes are watery as hell. Hopefully be over it by Thursday for my next tournament.

Did manage to print-up and paint several things between last week and this morning. Not sure if I posted them already:

I had an idea for a list and decided to go for it. The second tank from the left won't be coming with me and is actually a kit, but everything else was 3d printed last week. The list I'm bringing is roughly late 1942, British 8th Army, Second Battle of El Alamein where the US Sherman tank first saw combat (as a British unit, no less). I already have several Shermans, British ones at that, but they're later war and I wanted something to match the rest of my army, so I printed that guy up. One fun little thing I tried to do with it (hard to tell in pictures) is give it some chipped paint where Olive Green (US Army colors) is showing, as these early Shermans were hastily taken from US Army units and given to the British for their offensive where they were repainted from their original Olive color. More than you wanted to know, I'm sure, but I'm pretty excited about this one. I did try some new painting techniques with it, but they didn't exactly turn out, so I'll have to try again and try to do it better next time.

TRENDING THREADS