Question Cities Skylines - Humble Bundle

May 27, 2020
Visit site
HumbleBundle has a Cities Skylines bundle going on right now. I've always been curious about the game but I'm a bit hesitant because of all the DLC thats left out.

Is this bundle any good or do I still need to get more DLC's to get a pretty satisfactory experince?

I have already sunk a lot of money in sales to get much of the CK2 DLC, and I'm not looking forward to play an incomplete game untill some crucial DLC pieces go up on sale.

Thanks in advance,

DHRL

Last edited:

spvtnik1

Community Contributor
Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
$18 for all the DLC is lowest price I've seen any of that offered at, so that's pretty good value. In my opinion the DLC's are normally overpriced. You get some new stuff to play with in them, but they are not necessary. There are a plethora of mods available, although some do require DLC. When new DLC comes out, they do add some base stuff to the game. The base game offers plenty of things to do on it's own. It's definitely a great city-builder.

I would actually recommend shelling out $18 for the whole kit. It would be a shame to get the base game, and then want more after you get your toes wet, because I doubt we'll see that kind of sale price again for a long time.

Inspireless Llama

Community Contributor
In doubt about it too because I already own the game with several DLC's. I don't feel like paying $18 for a bundle where I already own half haha.

Probably should just wait for a sale for Snowfall and Industries, already own green cities, mass transit and campus.

May 27, 2020
Visit site
Summer Sale is abound and I've seen paradox titles on sale a lot, so yeah a Sale is probably wiser if you already own most of the bundle.

Really happy they added AfterDark though!

McStabStab

Community Contributor
My OH loves playing citi:skilines - he has just bought the snowfall purely for the trams. Any mods he should consider? He's really proud of his City!

Mass Transit is a must have. I really like the assets and policy options in Green Cities, and Industries is great for building cool industrial areas that produce major income. I own all of the DLC but other than Snowfall I would get these first.

What's Sunset Harbor like? He doesn't seem to bothered by what that could possibly offer? And reviews are mixed. I always think citi: skylines community really want the game to succeed and don't like giving so-so feedback.

TRENDING THREADS