PCG Article Chris Avellone accepts 'seven-figure payment' to settle libel suit with those who accused him of sexual misconduct

"We believe that he deserves a full return to the industry and support him in those endeavors."

This needs to be publicized just as much as the false claims against him were publicized. Both women agreed to the settlement and stated that Avellone didn't do anything wrong.
I have to wonder if these two women intentionally let the misinterpretations get out of control just to get the case more publicity, planning to later place blame elsewhere for being misunderstood, if Avellone sued.

This needs to be publicized just as much as the false claims against him were publicized. Both women agreed to the settlement and stated that Avellone didn't do anything wrong.
Absolutely! Accusations like that, when they're false, can ruin someone's reputation, both in the industry and socially. I'm glad he fought it and got a complete retraction by his accusers. I would love to see him get rehired by Obsidian.

Other recent articles on this subject from Forbes, Eurogamer, & Kotaku:
‘Fallout’ Writer Chris Avellone And Accusers Issue Joint Statement, Settle Lawsuit (forbes.com)

Chris Avellone resolves sexual misconduct allegations, claiming a "seven-figure payment" | Eurogamer.net

Fallout Writer’s Accusers Settle Libel Case For Seven Figures (kotaku.com)

TRENDING THREADS