Case fans not spinning

Sep 22, 2020
Visit site
Hey there,

I have had a computer store build my pc, fans have been purchased after .

first time installing fans

specs

Asus Tuf Z490 MoBo +WIFI
i7 10400 intel
Noctura NH-U12A 120mm CPU cooler
Msi Geforce GTX 1650 D6 Gaming X GPU
2x8 Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4
Antec VP700P plus power supply
1 external fan
2x brand new Cooler Master MF120 Halo white RGB fans- using at front of case for intake

PC up and running have bought the 2x halo fans recently, have installed both at the front for intake.

Fan1 have plugged 1x 4 pin connectors into CHA_FAN2 on Mobo
Fan 2 have plugged 1x 4 pin connectors into CHA_FAN3 on Mobo

Not running - Checked Bios doesn't seem to recognizing them
clearly I'm doing something wrong please help

Thank you in advance

So I maybe wrong here so bear with me. Each fan should have two connectors coming off of them. One connector should go to the MOBO, the other should go into an RGB header connector that it gives you. It sounds like you need to ensure it is connected to a Case_Fan connector and than connect to a header that is plugged into the Power supply cable. Sorry, this is off of the top of my head without coffee... but I'm sure it will fix the issue
Cooler Master fan connection vid

edit: the bios might not be picking it up because the fan may not be getting enough power to recognize it.

Reactions: Oussebon
You can also try using programs such as Asus Suite 3, or another fan controlling one and see if you can kick them on from there. If you have them plugged into the right connectors and they are still not working. Trying taking the fan out and plugging it into another MOBO if you can to see if it works there. If so, then there might be something wrong with the board.

Sep 22, 2020
Visit site
So I maybe wrong here so bear with me. Each fan should have two connectors coming off of them. One connector should go to the MOBO, the other should go into an RGB header connector that it gives you. It sounds like you need to ensure it is connected to a Case_Fan connector and than connect to a header that is plugged into the Power supply cable. Sorry, this is off of the top of my head without coffee... but I'm sure it will fix the issue
Cooler Master fan connection vid

edit: the bios might not be picking it up because the fan may not be getting enough power to recognize it.

Thank you so much for your reply FreezerBurn this info helped me out a lot.
My problem was the RGB connectors from the fan are 3 Pin and the MOBO has 4 pin RGB headers.
I have ended up purchasing a Cooler Master Hub and will be adding more fans later on.

https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/coolers/rgb-accessories/masterfan-argb-and-pwm-hub

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS