Capturing/Streaming from Console to PC

Oct 5, 2021
Visit site
Hello, I'm new to the forum and I'd like to ask you something because I'm feeling a little lost. Lately I've been browsing for information but I'm still not clear on some stuff.

I want to start a small youtube gaming channel where I'll be uploading mostly walkthroughs/gameplays and I'm gonna be using Xbox Series X. So right now I'm looking just to capture quality videos with nice 1080p 60fps gameplay, no live streaming.

From what I know I'm gonna need a capture card and I laid my eyes on either Avermedia Live Gamer Mini or HD2 version. I'm gonna be building a brand new PC but my budget is a little bit limited at the moment.

So the build I'm planning to do is:
Random B550 motherboard
Ryzen 5 3400G if possible to do the job otherwise I'll get Ryzen 5 5600G
2x8G DDR4 3200MHz RAM 16G in total
wanna use the integrated GPU
M2 500GB SSD
400-500W PSU that will do the job.

I'm not sure in what kind of format the capture card is gonna be saving the gameplay and am I going to need to use a heavy program like Premiere Pro to edit my videos like add some text somewhere, might input my voice sometimes over a guide for example... you get my point.

Do I have to convert the videos in another format to be ready to upload in youtube or they will be ready to upload if unedited from the console straight from the capture card software?

Can someone shed a little light on that subject because I'm finding threads but they can't really answer all of my questions. I'm sorry if I posted it in the wrong section.

[Mod edit: changed formatting for clarity, from the unhelpful "wall of text".]

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 11, 2021
Visit site
You can also take a look at Narvitech's NJ300, it has 1080p capture and 4k passthrough.
The price is pretty affordable, I got one at last year's Black Friday!

TRENDING THREADS