Question Can't get smooth 60fps gameplay in every game I tested (old and new)

Jul 24, 2024
Visit site
RIVA shows me a constant 60fps without any drops, a flatline frametime timeline, and normal GPU and CPU temps and usage, but still, it doesn't look like fluid 60fps gameplay. It looks less fluid that 60fps (but, still i can percive a constant framerate, it just doesnt look 60fps)

My PC specs are:

CPU: Intel 12700k, 4800 mhz

GPU: 4070 TI RTX 12 GB VRAM TUF GAMING ASUS

RAM: 32 GB - 2x 16 GB DDR5 5200 MHz Kingston Fury Beast

Motherboard: ASUS Prime Z690-A

STORAGE: NVME 2TB Patriot

PSU: 850W GEN 5 PCI-E ATX 3.0 GOLD GIGABYTE

here is my benchmark test

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/63625813

i tried:

-Enable the resizable bar from BIOS and check in the Nvidia Control Panel.

Disabling Vsync and limiting to 60 FPS with RIVA TUNNER
-Changing monitor
-Changing HDMI and Display Port cable
-Chanigng GPU port

-Update Bios

-Update Nvidia software and Windows 11.

-Reinstalling Windows 11

-Installing Windows 10

-Disabling Windows Game Mode

-testing changing the GPU to a 2080 Super and a Radeon 6700 XT

-testing changing the motherboard and CPU to an Intel 9700k and 16 DDR4

-Changing NVME

-Changing GAME SETTINGS

-Changing Nvidia Settings

-Changing RAM

-Changing RAM location

-Changing NVME location

-Testinng Temperature (all normal)

-Reinstalling drivers

-Installing latest Directx

-Installing latest .NET Framework

-Using a monitor with G Sync

Everything and my games stay the same (no mater wich game i put). Please, I invest so much in this PC, and while the games work, I want the best possible experience.

Videos in 60fps or gameplays in Youtube looks normal and fluid, only games stay with that problem

Reactions: Brian Boru
test didn't like your hdd - how did you change drive?
Test appears to be from last year?
GPU always scored low on there

what resolution is screen? 4k might be a stretch but would think it could 1440p or less pretty easy.

I don't have an Nvidia card so can't suggest what settings you might need to change. Is it set to use G Sync in the control panel? Is monitor set to use it as well?

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2024
Visit site
it is set in G Sync in the settings (i tried on and off and all stay the same).

I tried diferent resolutions as low as 480p, 720p, and 1080p. All the same

OK :) Im a bit confused here. If youre enabling Gsync or Freesync then you wont get a constant 60fps, you will get whatever your GPU is outputting up to 170 FPS with the new monitor. Considering its a 4070Ti, I cant imagine that would be much under 100 FPS average in even some of the most demanding games. Why would you want a flat 60?

Do you mean you are getting stutters and hitches all the time whatever the FPS that is displayed?

Jul 24, 2024
Visit site
OK :) Im a bit confused here. If youre enabling Gsync or Freesync then you wont get a constant 60fps, you will get whatever your GPU is outputting up to 170 FPS with the new monitor. Considering its a 4070Ti, I cant imagine that would be much under 100 FPS average in even some of the most demanding games. Why would you want a flat 60?

Do you mean you are getting stutters and hitches all the time whatever the FPS that is displayed?
the thing is that monitor (the one of 170hz) isnt mine. And in 100+ fps my friends computer also looks more fluid

OK. Perhaps try various older versions of Nvidia drivers if you havent already, because sometimes the new ones cause problems on some system configurations.

The other thing that comes to mind is DPC latency. It could be related to network or audio drivers as well as Nvidia ones. Theres a program called Latency mon that you could look into, analyze your system and it might tell you which driver is causing the issue, if it is a driver.

Youve done all of the basic steps already, and I havent dealt with your particular issue before so I dont really have anything more specific that could help.

If you didnt post already over at Toms Hardware, then I suggest you do that. Theres a lot more people into tech over there that might know something more.

Reactions: Brian Boru and Alm
Jul 24, 2024
Visit site
OK. Perhaps try various older versions of Nvidia drivers if you havent already, because sometimes the new ones cause problems on some system configurations.

The other thing that comes to mind is DPC latency. It could be related to network or audio drivers as well as Nvidia ones. Theres a program called Latency mon that you could look into, analyze your system and it might tell you which driver is causing the issue, if it is a driver.

Youve done all of the basic steps already, and I havent dealt with your particular issue before so I dont really have anything more specific that could help.

If you didnt post already over at Toms Hardware, then I suggest you do that. Theres a lot more people into tech over there that might know something more.
Thank you so much! it really helped me a lot!

Warning
don't download their benchmark now, it installs malware and redirects your dns to India... I just had to fix it myself. For the last few days my internet connection has been really slow and then I was looking on the Google shopping site for something and noticed all my prices were in Indian
gKb1bL5.jpg

Malwarebytes identified the cause and it was then I had my ahuh moment.

Warning

don't download their benchmark now, it installs malware and redirects your dns to India... I just had to fix it myself. For the last few days my internet connection has been really slow and then I was looking on the Google shopping site for something and noticed all my prices were in Indian
gKb1bL5.jpg

Malwarebytes identified the cause and it was then I had my ahuh moment.
That site used to be good. I can't find any cybersecurity sites claiming it installs malware, but just to be safe, I'd use a different benchmark. I have heard good things about AIDA64, which does component testing similar to user benchmark, but I haven't tried it myself. I still have an old copy of user benchmark that works fine.

It used to be useful... to a point. their tests at least could show a deficiency in the system.
I never liked it as they are biased in their reviews and I often wondered if they skewed their results to favour Intel as well.
Most reviews for AMD on their site tell you to buy something else. Its not even hiding it.

My AV in the past blocked the install as it was seen as malware, then it worked for a few months, now my AV didn't warn me at all and I still got hit. I know it was this that caused it as I rarely install anything. and it was the last thing I did.
I made this as a warning for others.