Can't decide between desktop and laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 25, 2021
Visit site
Realistically, I would only be gaming away from home about 2 hours a day. I've always had gaming desktop PCs, but I've been wondering if a laptop would be a better choice.

I know it's a decision that only I can know the best answer to, but I thought I would see what people thought.

[Mod edit: OP, please message a moderator if you need this thread reopened.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum :)

Would you still be gaming at home also?

A laptop of comparable power would be a lot more expensive than a desktop, a consideration if you want to play recent & upcoming games.

I used a laptop as a desktop replacement for a few years while on the ru moving around. I docked it into 2 large TVs as monitors and also desktop-grade KB and Mouse—that worked fine for me. It was a second-hand Alienware laptop which cost ~$1,800—that compares to the typical $1,100-1,200 I typically spend to build a desktop. Great machine tho.

Other main problem with a laptop is usually quite limited upgradability.

If you need the mobility, get a laptop—otherwise desktop.

I use both laptops and desktops for gaming , if you go for gaming on a laptop you will probably end up having the battery charging cable permanently plugged in as they are power hungry.

example ..... i run some android games on my laptop , i use the blue stacks app to do this , even with the eco mode activated i can run the battery down in about 2 hours.

if you do choose laptop get a wireless mouse and use that instead of your touch pad , touchpads dont like the hammering they get from intense gaming

OsaX Nymloth

Community Contributor
Remember one thing: you can't really upgrade a laptop outside of MAYBE adding extra RAM and/or SSD. But that's it. It will have worse performance when it comes to heat and a lot of potential ways of damaging it.

With PC you can upgrade....well, anything and everything. And it's harder to "drop it" or "open it wrongly". ;)

Jul 5, 2021
Visit site
Realistically, I would only be gaming away from home about 2 hours a day. I've always had gaming desktop PCs, but I've been wondering if a laptop would be a better choice.

I know it's a decision that only I can know the best answer to, but I thought I would see what people thought.
maybe a laptop can be a solution for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS