Canon pixma 8050 Printer wont print black

Status
Not open for further replies.
First let me say i tried to post this on tome hardware forum that i use a lot but it looks like its been hit by hackers because their are dozens of pages of Chinese spam.

I have a canon pixma 8050 that wont print anything in black , i tried it in word and did a print screen of my task bar with same results .... no black.

This is what i tried

1. downloaded latest driver
2 deep clean nozzles
3. run print test in maintenance tab
4 ran print head alignment program

On the colour print test the 2 strips marked bk for black show as dark grey.
On the print head alinement test their are lots of solid blue oblongs like their should be , their are 2 oblong black and 1 oblong with black broken lines

[Mod edit: changed title from "Print wont print black please help .... yes i know this is not a tech site".]

Last edited by a moderator:
First let me say i tried to post this on tome hardware forum that i use a lot but it looks like its been hit by hackers because their are dozens of pages of Chinese spam.
Have a look now, its all gone... for now.

its just the time of year people feel need to advertise fake certificates.

its whack a mole. Hard to have people awake 24 hours a day 7 days a week... some of us like a break sometimes :)

Hi Colif i know this is a late reply but i thought you might be interested in the outcome .....
I found a local printing firm on a small industrial estate and asked if he sold nozzle cleaner , he said no but showed me what he used on his " business " machines. He gave , not sold me the leftovers in a bottle , i used it and used paper towel to soak up surplus and even left it to dry 100% over night.
I fired up the printer the next day , the printer head initialised but did not sound right so i looked inside , the cleaning fluid must have melted whatever adhesive was holding the long foam strip in place that the ink goes onto. It was now looking like wedding confetti so could not print anything.

I spoke to a pal in trading standards and he said because he " gave " it me for free i could not say i told you my problem and you " sold " me the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.