Question Can the price on this build be cut down?

May 7, 2020
Visit site
Can the price on this build be cut down at all? If so (which it most likely can) can you send a list with the cheaper build?

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor ($164.99 @ Walmart)
Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-VDH MAX Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($84.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory ($71.98 @ Amazon)
Storage: Crucial BX500 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($39.97 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($44.99 @ Adorama)
Video Card: MSI GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB VENTUS XS OC Video Card ($339.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Corsair iCUE 220T RGB Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: be quiet! Pure Power 11 CM 500 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply ($79.31 @ Amazon)
Keyboard: Corsair K63 Wired Gaming Keyboard ($79.99 @ Best Buy)
Mouse: Logitech G305 (Black) Wireless Optical Mouse ($49.99 @ Best Buy)
Total: $1056.19
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-07-21 13:16 EDT-0400

What monitor are you gaming on? The res and refresh rate

What games are you intending to play?

The most obvious saving is probably a less expensive video card. You can get 2060s that are less expensive than that. The RX 5600 XT is also generally cheaper.

If you're gaming 1080p 60hz then a GTX 1660 / Super would be more than fine and save further.

There are other economies that could be made e.g. R3 3300x CPU, cheaper mobo, cheaper PSU, but if you can afford the current selection I'd probably stick with those.

Just to clarify, if you saw a post by me above saying ">.<", that wasn't directed at you @smol_one it was directed to a post by someone else that is now deleted that said something not very good.

I'm trying to build my first pc as well, so I know little about what the prices for certain parts should be.

The prices on your part list are all fairly reasonable, especially given component shortages at the moment. There's nothing on the list where it looks like you're paying way over the odds.

That said, in terms of fine-tuning the build, comments above still apply. i.e. if you're paying $40 for a 240gb SSD, you might as well pay $5-55 for the same SSD at 480gb.

For most gaming at 1440p you'd want a graphics card like the RX 5700 or ideally RX 5700 XT depending on pricing. I'm not sure minecraft will need that, but if you dabble in other mainstream games, you might.

Another question is whether you are interested in playing Minecraft with Raytracing. The AMD graphics cards don't support it at all. But the Nvidia graphics cards in the current generation are really underpowered for it. So if you want to eventually play Minecraft with RTX features you may need to upgrade to one of Nvidia or AMD's next generation graphics cards.

Sorry that's not a simple answer - it depends a bit on your intentions and what you can reasonably afford.

Reactions: Poeezens
May 7, 2020
Visit site
Another question is whether you are interested in playing Minecraft with Raytracing. The AMD graphics cards don't support it at all. But the Nvidia graphics cards in the current generation are really underpowered for it. So if you want to eventually play Minecraft with RTX features you may need to upgrade to one of Nvidia or AMD's next generation graphics cards.

Sorry that's not a simple answer - it depends a bit on your intentions and what you can reasonably afford.

I was not going to be using raytracing, but I am wanting to use shader mods such as SEUS for Minecraft. My budget is at the most $1000 but then again I would like to cut it down as much as possible, save some money.