Can my outdated pc be upgraded

Mar 7, 2020
Visit site
hey Austin
my name is james im upcoming youtuber. and i was thinking about streaming games live on pc. recently i was given a pc by my bestfriend and the specs are very low. but i dont want to seem rude and trow it away. im seeing is it possible to upgrade the computer or to just despose of it. They games I’m trying to play are dead by daylight and Friday the 13, but also still have it to use just to upload my YouTube videos.please let me know what you think. specs here ProcessorIntel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz

Video CardIntel(R) Q45/Q43 Express Chipset

Video Card #2Intel(R) Q45/Q43 Express Chipset

RAM4.0 GB

Operating SystemWindows 7

You'd need a dedicated graphics card to run those games.

However, even if you added one to the system, and increased the amount of RAM you have, which would likely also be an issue, the experience will be very poor if you even get the games to run.

CPU upgrade options exist in the 2nd hand market but wouldn't be worth it.

If you want to game and stream you'll want a much more modern system. Depending on your budget, a Ryzen R5 2600 or better, B450 motherboard, ideally 16gb RAM, and a decent video card e.g. RX 570 or better.

If the PSU, storage, and case are as old as the rest of the system you probably want new ones of those too...

What you can do with that old system, however, is upgrade the Windows licence to Windows 10:

Then tie the licence to a Microsoft account:

And then use it on any new PC.

If you suggest a budget and the country you're chopping in, people here may be able to suggest options for new kit.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts