Can Mod Organizer 2 and Vortex be installed, not used, at the same time?

Jan 8, 2023
Visit site
I am trying to learn how to mod games. So far, all I know is that the two most popular mod managers is MO2 and Vortex. There is so much debate over which performs better, which is easier to use, which is best for this or that game, etc. My head is spinning. I don't know which to choose, so I am thinking of just installing both. However, I have read that I cannot use both mod managers at the same time. Okay, but can I have them installed at the same time and then choose which manager is used for a game? For example, I could use MO2 for Bethesda games and Vortex for everything else?

Reactions: Brian Boru
I would go with Vortex, i dont have much exp. with MO2, it just looks convoluted to me where as Vortex seems to be neater (imo). I have used Vortex for a while now and its never given me problems and makes downloading mods and getting them to work easy (as a beginner). I mean the website that MO2 asks you to download from is the platform vortex is built into so i dont think there would be any problem using both.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts