Cameo appearances in games.

Okay just for fun.

Which of the more than a hundred actors, musicians and 'celebrities' have you most enjoyed seeing, or hearing in a video game?

Keanu Reeves has appeared a few times, maybe after he did A Scanner Darkly. Some probably do it for the money but many because it ups their cool status and they are gamers.

Here's my favourite, good tune as well!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2-WtugEJys&ab_channel=DavidCant%C3%BA

Reactions: Frindis
Assume you mean visual appearances rather than voice actors?

I loved the video cut scenes in the old Command & Conquer games—James Earl Jones, Tim Curry, JK Simmons, Michael Biehn, Josh Holloway, Kari Wuhrer and more. They were over-the-top tongue-in-cheek, which suited the playful nature of the franchise.

Full video cut scenes seem to have died off this millennium—or at least, I can't recall (m)any.

Reactions: mainer and Frindis
Yes that's a good one of Bowie. I thought it was a nice touch that you could visit a little shrine at his mural in WD's Legion after he died.

(I was thinking if you were given the choice would you prefer to be immortalised in a game, or on a plaque).

Gaming for me is just great escapism, and a fun world where anything is possible.

Kurt Cobain>
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLdaEtbG40M&ab_channel=BenGalindo

Zloth

Community Contributor
I think it's fun when big time voice actors show up as bit parts in other games. For instance, one of the towns you visit late in Horizon: Zero Dawn has the guy who played Geralt in the Witcher games as one of the random, non-interactive NPCs in it. Laura Baily, who played one of the female boss voices in Saints Row 3 (among *many* others), did a non-interactive NPC in Mad Max. In both cases, I stopped dead in my tracks when I heard them talking, then ran over to see what NPC was saying them. They weren't easter eggs. As far as I know, they were just the actors picking up a few extra bucks by saying a few lines.

Some actors do a lot of work in both realms. Michael Dorn has been in quite a few video games - and I don't just mean Star Trek games.

For music, Bioschock Infinite is full of them. I didn't even notice this one was playing in the background until I was about ready to leave the area - then my jaw hit the floor! Sneaky devs

I think it's fun when big time voice actors show up as bit parts in other games. For instance, one of the towns you visit late in Horizon: Zero Dawn has the guy who played Geralt in the Witcher games as one of the random, non-interactive NPCs in it. Laura Baily, who played one of the female boss voices in Saints Row 3 (among *many* others), did a non-interactive NPC in Mad Max. In both cases, I stopped dead in my tracks when I heard them talking, then ran over to see what NPC was saying them. They weren't easter eggs. As far as I know, they were just the actors picking up a few extra bucks by saying a few lines.

You must have good voice recognition. I watched a few vids about voice actors and motion capture actors.

It's not often recognised how much work they put. It often goes way beyond a cameo.

Voice actors have to be particularly good at putting across the emotions and intentions of characters.

And the motion capture actors bring their craft, so an established actor, with depth and a certain mythology can really bring a character and a game to life. Like Willem Defoe and Elliot Page in Beyond two Souls.

Based on the quality acting of Aaron Staton and the other actors in LA Noire, I just bought this.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqRXe3zGbJU&ab_channel=FilmFan1204

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts