Question Call Of Duty Modern Warefare PC Issues

Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
Anyone here having trouble with this title on PC? Memory, DirectX crashes galore. I can play for minutes at a time until it goes down. Reboot and away I go again. I've seen all the videos on YouTube on how to fix them but for the most part they don't work. This is the only game in my vast collection that does this.

No reason this PC should have a problem.

Intel Core i7 4770K
16GB 2x8 Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 Memory
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Gaming 11GB GDDR5X
Asus Maximus VI Hero
WD Black Series 2T 7200RPM Harddrive
Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB SS Drive
Samsung 840 EVO 1T SS Drive
Corsair Professional Series 1050w Semi-Modular PS
HP 2711x LED Monitor 1920x1080 Windows 10 64bit

Jan 20, 2020
Visit site
Update your graphics drivers to the newest ones.

If it doesn't help, uninstall all your graphics drivers and get one of those utility programs to remove all excess older drivers.

Run the system back into safe mode and reinstall the latest drivers then.

Reactions: SWard
Run mdsched.exe & Chkdsk, see if you notice any errors. Check Task Manager for any suspect prog using extended resources. If nothing comes up, install Coretemp and monitor when you play the game. If you get no errors & no unusual high temp and are able to play similar games, then it is safe to bet that it is not hardware related.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
I think I'm having more issues since the recent update. My 16 GB of memory just keeps getting errors. I've done a memory test. All good. Game, not so good on PC for me.

BTW, still getting DirectX crashes as well.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
Played 20 rounds straight last night. No crashes. I think I may have found a solution to my problem. I started playing in "Windowed Mode" instead of Full Screen. Now no errors.

None.

I'll continue today and see how it goes. So far the difference is night and day.

TRENDING THREADS