Blackstone Fortress

Mknott

Staff member
Nov 25, 2019
Visit site
I haven't, but I'm on a massive kick right now for painting all my Roleplaying minis and terrain.

The old Games Workshop addiction is firing up again ever since I started looking or black primer (rare as gold right now) and they showed me how incredible the new miniatures are. I'm tempted to pick it up myself after looking through it.

I'm astounded at how GW have turned a lot of problems around in the past few years.

Their Box sets and newer rules have definitely made it easier to get into for people. Their next step has to be getting all their video games up to par.
I haven't, but I'm on a massive kick right now for painting all my Roleplaying minis and terrain.

The old Games Workshop addiction is firing up again ever since I started looking or black primer (rare as gold right now) and they showed me how incredible the new miniatures are. I'm tempted to pick it up myself after looking through it.

I'm astounded at how GW have turned a lot of problems around in the past few years.

Reactions: Mknott

Mknott

Staff member
Nov 25, 2019
Visit site
I'd say the video games led the uplift, even though it probably wasn't what they expected.

Total War and Vermintide were super respectable and great games. 40k they need to find the right replacement for Relic.

There is a lot of games workshop sets and games on tabletop sim. It would be awesome to get a Quarantine Geek Night on there. Any takers.

I would love to commit, but remarkably in lockdown I have a stacked calendar for tabletop gaming online. Three RPG sessions a week, a ton of Blood on the Clocktower. It's crazy and thankfully my partner joins in, else I think we'd be in trouble.

I really want to know more about Blackstone now, you've cursed me...and my bank balance!

Mknott

Staff member
Nov 25, 2019
Visit site
I loved Hero Quest, the best dungeon crawler I've picked up is Gloomhaven, it's the gold standard but I just wish it had a bit more flavour to it that was my kind of aesthetic. Beautiful game though.

Definitely going to take a look at Blackstone, a 40K Hero Quest is right up my alley.

I loved Hero Quest, the best dungeon crawler I've picked up is Gloomhaven, it's the gold standard but I just wish it had a bit more flavour to it that was my kind of aesthetic. Beautiful game though.

Definitely going to take a look at Blackstone, a 40K Hero Quest is right up my alley.

What do you mean with "I wish it had a bit more flavour to it that was my kind of aesthetic"?

Gloomhaven seems like an amazing game, but the price has been preventing me from buying it thus far.

Mknott

Staff member
Nov 25, 2019
Visit site
What do you mean with "I wish it had a bit more flavour to it that was my kind of aesthetic"?

Gloomhaven seems like an amazing game, but the price has been preventing me from buying it thus far.

I love Gloomhaven as a game, it's phenomenal, but I'm not a fan of the art style or character designs and the world didn't really grab me. It's definitely more of an amazing mechanical game than a triumph of storytelling.

It's a personal preference, but shouldn't detract from it as an awesome experience and it's exceptional value for money. Most people love it, but it just didn't do it for me.

@Pifanjr Weird, I could have sworn I replied last week.

@FreezerBurn I bought it!

Reactions: Pifanjr
I love Gloomhaven as a game, it's phenomenal, but I'm not a fan of the art style or character designs and the world didn't really grab me. It's definitely more of an amazing mechanical game than a triumph of storytelling.

It's a personal preference, but shouldn't detract from it as an awesome experience and it's exceptional value for money. Most people love it, but it just didn't do it for me.

From what I've seen I really like the art. I haven't read anything about the world itself though.

Perhaps I should save up for it for Christmas.

First I want to try out Frostgrave. The rules were given away for free because of Corona and I've wanted to play it for a few weeks now, but my wife hasn't gotten around to reading the rules yet.

Reactions: Mknott

I'm pulling the cord and grabbing it today while its $20 cheaper on amazon.

Reactions: Mknott and Pifanjr

Why didn't anyone tell me their mini's are a thousand times easier to assemble...