Visit site
Im looking for the best gaming monitor. id like:
- 1440P
-above 60Hz
-G-sync compatible
-27 inch or above
-$600 or less.

planning to upgrade to an RTX2080 super

Im having a hard time finding the best one.

Last edited:
I think you'll usually get better advice sticking to one topic, or else people won't see what others have posted and comment on it

Apr 8, 2020
Visit site
There are a whole lot of ways to approach that question, and I'm sure there's no objective best monitor, but I may as well throw in my recent experience on the subject:

Very recently I bought a new monitor. I watch a lot of streaming TV and movies at my computer, but I also play a lot of fast-paced FPS games.

My ideal monitor would have vibrant and accurate colors while also having a high resolution and supporting at least 120Hz. Throw in G-Sync for bonus points.

As luck would have it, I found a monitor that ticks every last one of those boxes. The Aorus FI27Q is a display I've only had for a little over a week now, but it's gorgeous. Its IPS panel provides vibrant, but not oversaturated colors, and it's a 1440p display -- all while supporting all the way up to 165Hz (although I've read the panel provides real-world performance closer to 120Hz).

It supports AMD Freesync while being certified G-Sync Compatible, and it's just altogether fantastic to use regardless of gaming or anything else.

I paid around $590 after tax for it, so it's also within your budget.

That said, do NOT buy it just because of my recommendation. Rather, keep this in mind while you're searching, and even if you're interested in the model I've just gushed about, definitely look up reviews and specs.

EDIT: I've just seen in the other thread that you're using a GTX 1060. That's probably underpowered for a high-refresh rate 1440p display, and I wouldn't recommend buying a display like this without stronger hardware.

Last edited:
May 11, 2020
Visit site
There are a whole lot of ways to approach that question, and I'm sure there's no objective best monitor, but I may as well throw in my recent experience on the subject:

Very recently I bought a new monitor. I watch a lot of streaming TV and movies at my computer, but I also play a lot of fast-paced FPS games.

My ideal monitor would have vibrant and accurate colors while also having a high resolution and supporting at least 120Hz. Throw in G-Sync for bonus points.

As luck would have it, I found a monitor that ticks every last one of those boxes. The Aorus FI27Q is a display I've only had for a little over a week now, but it's gorgeous. Its IPS panel provides vibrant, but not oversaturated colors, and it's a 1440p display -- all while supporting all the way up to 165Hz (although I've read the panel provides real-world performance closer to 120Hz).

It supports AMD Freesync while being certified G-Sync Compatible, and it's just altogether fantastic to use regardless of gaming or anything else.

I paid around $590 after tax for it, so it's also within your budget.

That said, do NOT buy it just because of my recommendation. Rather, keep this in mind while you're searching, and even if you're interested in the model I've just gushed about, definitely look up reviews and specs.

EDIT: I've just seen in the other thread that you're using a GTX 1060. That's probably underpowered for a high-refresh rate 1440p display, and I wouldn't recommend buying a display like this without stronger hardware.
Ya sorry for making 2 topics. do you think if i bought a new display now with my current hardware, if i just game in 1080p 60Hz then it should be ok until i upgrade my GPU. im just worried about buying a GPU now because of the new 3000 series that will be coming out.

I answered that in your other topic :D To recap, I think it makes more sense to buy a new monitor and play at lower settings / resolution than it does to buy a new GPU and waste its performance on an old, low-res monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS