Best 4K and 1440p Gaming Monitors?

Hello

For 3070 Ti, 12th gen system Win 10/11

What can you recommend are the best quality/value gaming monitors for 4K and/or 1440p? (not sure which I’ll get) at at least 144/165Hz, possibly higher but probably not much?

Just a normal 16:9 only ok and it must be FLAT not curved.

Ideally I’d love to hear from people who actually own them but also open to suggestions from what you’ve heard is good.

Please let me know which it is and how long you’ve owned it, as well as your GPU, windows and basic system specs as reference?

I want 1-5ms, G-sync/Freesync or something – what other things like that should I look out for for an NVIDIA GPU?

MAYBE 10 bit/HDR etc.. not sure if that matters for gaming… I have a 4K TV with that stuff so I can just watch my movies etc on that?

What other specs etc should I make sure I get?

BTW Can y’all let me know the power consumption of your 4K or 1440p monitors too – how many watts? It would help me to know to factor into my UPS total needed for my PC.

Thank you for your help

Hello

For 3070 Ti, 12th gen system Win 10/11

What can you recommend are the best quality/value gaming monitors for 4K and/or 1440p? (not sure which I’ll get) at at least 144/165Hz, possibly higher but probably not much?

Just a normal 16:9 only ok and it must be FLAT not curved.
Hardware Unboxed on Youtube.

Display Ninja

Rtings

TFT Central

Some places that have proper equipment to test performance. Recommend you check these sites, they should have some great ideas for you to at least shortlist to ask more specific questions from people. Also tonnes of really good info and guides to answer any more specific questions you might have.

Personally I'd still recommend 2560x1440 over 4K, although it does depend on whether you value the 4k screen for productivity or just because you prefer detail over frame rates in games.

Ideally I’d love to hear from people who actually own them but also open to suggestions from what you’ve heard is good.

Please let me know which it is and how long you’ve owned it, as well as your GPU, windows and basic system specs as reference?
I've got an LG27GL850 that has been great for a couple of years. It was the hotness at the time but its been superceded by a newer model and I believe other manufacturers have released some really good stuff too. Windows 10, been used with a Radeon 5700XT the whole time.

I want 1-5ms, G-sync/Freesync or something – what other things like that should I look out for for an NVIDIA GPU?

What other specs etc should I make sure I get?

I've always preferred IPS screens over VA. In the past VA screens had much slower response times than IPS but I believe the gap is much smaller now for some models, and IPS screens do have poor contrast vs VA. TN screens are for pro gamers IMO, image quality is poor by comparison to other options still, but refresh rates and response times are faster.

Remember to check reviews for response times in real use, manufacturers always state best case on the spec sheet when in reality it changes depending on the frame rate and monitor settings.

You'll want to choose something that is at least Gsync compatible. I believe most monitor models with Freesync work with Nvidia cards now, where they didnt used to. At least RTings test for it in their reviews and state compatibility there. There is a list of certified compatible monitors but its not exhaustive and AFAIK most will work even without official certification, check reviews or Google for forum posts if unsure about a model for some reason.

Full fat Gsync does better than Freesync/Gsync compatible at lower frame rates, I don't think its worth the large bump in cost for Gsync/Gsync Ultimate, but some might.

MAYBE 10 bit/HDR etc.. not sure if that matters for gaming… I have a 4K TV with that stuff so I can just watch my movies etc on that?

I'm not following monitors closely, but last I looked HDR on monitors was still lacking compared to TV's. Its often supported but screens don't have the brightness to really do it justice compared to some expensive TV's. Might be some better ones about by now but I don't believe so.

Thats about all I know, there is some stuff like ULMB/Black frame insertion that I know some got excited about. Perhaps someone else would know about that, not sure how relevant it is these days.

• Love
Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS