Battery is not increasing

Apr 25, 2024
Visit site
i have msi gp66 and i just dissasembled it to clean the fans and i plugged out the battery cable before doing it. After that laptop won't turn on and only turned on when plugged in, battery is 0% and not increasing i left it overnight and now is 87% but still won't increasing and will turned off if i plugged it out.
I've tried uninstalling the drivers, press the reset in the back of the laptop and unplugged and plug the battery cable and it still the same.
Please help!!!

i have msi gp66 and i just dissasembled it to clean the fans and i plugged out the battery cable before doing it. After that laptop won't turn on and only turned on when plugged in, battery is 0% and not increasing i left it overnight and now is 87% but still won't increasing and will turned off if i plugged it out.
I've tried uninstalling the drivers, press the reset in the back of the laptop and unplugged and plug the battery cable and it still the same.
Please help!!!
It sounds to me like either the power pack or the battery need to be replaced, but I'm confused about the 87 percent, but still turning off. When you were cleaning out the laptop, you didn't mess up the internal connection with the battery? Can you take the battery out, clean the connections and put it back in?

Reactions: Brian Boru
Apr 25, 2024
Visit site
the battery is working fine before i plugged it out, i'm really confused now because i have ever plugged it out before to do the cleaning and the laptop is working perfectly, now suddenly it became like this

the battery is working fine before i plugged it out, i'm really confused now because i have ever plugged it out before to do the cleaning and the laptop is working perfectly, now suddenly it became like this
What do you mean by "I plugged it out"? Did you actually take the battery out of the laptop? If you pulled the battery out, it may have reset the BIOS. You may need to reboot and enter the BIOS and look at the battery/charging settings.

Or you could try to power cycle it. Turn off the laptop and unplug it. Then remove the battery. Then hold the power button for at least 15 seconds. Then put the battery back in. Then plug the laptop back in and turn it on.

When you take the battery out, inspect everything. Look for pins you may have bent the first time, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brian Boru
Apr 25, 2024
Visit site
What do you mean by "I plugged it out"? Did you actually take the battery out of the laptop? If you pulled the battery out, it probably reset the BIOS. You may need to reboot and enter the BIOS and look at the battery/charging settings.
i unplluged the battery cable from battery to motherboard

TRENDING THREADS