AutoCAD and SolidWorks on low-spec PC

Apr 27, 2022
Visit site
@Why_Me wouldn't an i5-6 be better than an i7-2—four gens diff?

Hello. Im new to this website, just made the account. Ive been asking around different forums; hopefully someone can help. I am replying to you since I have no idea how to make my own thread and you seem to reply to most threads that I searched on.

We have a Dell Inspiron 3847
intel Core i3 -4150 CPU@ 3.50GHz
Motherboard: Dell inc 088DT1 (CPU 1)
300w power.

A program called Speccy found this information.

Everything on it is stock.

My dad wants to run autocad and solidworks, so we are going to upgrade the RAM to 16bg in the future. Right now it has 8GB. And the mechanical hard drive will be switched to a SSD 500GB soon. The part we are stuck as is, what is the best graphics card we can get with the stock 300W, 8GB, and i3? If you could please give us your top 5 that can work without changing anything; just drop and go. Thank you.

Hello. Im new to this website, just made the account. Ive been asking around different forums; hopefully someone can help. I am replying to you since I have no idea how to make my own thread and you seem to reply to most threads that I searched on.

We have a Dell Inspiron 3847
intel Core i3 -4150 CPU@ 3.50GHz
Motherboard: Dell inc 088DT1 (CPU 1)
300w power.

A program called Speccy found this information.

Everything on it is stock.

My dad wants to run autocad and solidworks, so we are going to upgrade the RAM to 16bg in the future. Right now it has 8GB. And the mechanical hard drive will be switched to a SSD 500GB soon. The part we are stuck as is, what is the best graphics card we can get with the stock 300W, 8GB, and i3? If you could please give us your top 5 that can work without changing anything; just drop and go. Thank you.
Other than a GT 1030 I don't know of a graphics card that will run off a 300w psu and I wouldn't recommend an i3 for SolidWorks.

@DXCHASE replied elsewhere:

You are going to want to replace your PSU if you want a modern GPU to use programs like autocad and solidworks but i agree with Why_Me, youre not gonna want those programs running on an i3. You might just have to upgrade the whole thing.

@BobSalazar
Welcome to the forum Bob :)

I made this separate thread for your question so the other thread doesn't get confused with two different discussions going on.

Reactions: Why_Me
Apr 27, 2022
Visit site
Thank you all for the replies. As to the specifics of the graphics card, @Why_Me , what is the complete tittle for the graphics card. I would rather spend to see if it works, and if it doesn't, sell it and buy/build the new desktop.

If you could offer a link, that would be better.

Btw, my name is Jay :) Thank you for being more helpful than the other quiet websites.

Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS