Question Atari Game Station Pro?

Nov 23, 2023
Visit site
I have had one for a couple of days. It could be good with a hack or new firmware. As it stands, the included games are mostly junk, very weird collection especially the bonus games.

The real strength is the fact that you can put games on a SD card and play from there, but the interface is horrible (one folder, no search or listing options) and the controller doesn't always work correctly or lacks buttons to play i.e. 5200 games. The paddle controller does not work with games loaded from SD, unless the game is also in the official list. Most 2600 and 7800 games work though.

I also wished there was Atari 8-bit support but those games don't work either, not even the cartridge based ones.

More controller options, a better SD card interface and Atari 8-bit support and this would be all I need for my Atari emulation needs.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Jul 15, 2023
Visit site
I have had one for a couple of days. It could be good with a hack or new firmware. As it stands, the included games are mostly junk, very weird collection especially the bonus games.

The real strength is the fact that you can put games on a SD card and play from there, but the interface is horrible (one folder, no search or listing options) and the controller doesn't always work correctly or lacks buttons to play i.e. 5200 games. The paddle controller does not work with games loaded from SD, unless the game is also in the official list. Most 2600 and 7800 games work though.

I also wished there was Atari 8-bit support but those games don't work either, not even the cartridge based ones.

More controller options, a better SD card interface and Atari 8-bit support and this would be all I need for my Atari emulation needs.
Wow - Sorry that I'm so late in responding, but thank you for providing that info.

FYI - It looks like the soon-to-be-released Atari 400 Mini may meet all of the needs you described. - 8-Bit, USB Stick interface (not SD card) and a better controller.

I've got my eye on one, but would like to know where to find compatible games to put on that USB stick. Any ideas?

Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS