Question At what age you started gaming?

Page 2 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Jan 15, 2022
Visit site
Atari had way more games... Atari also went on to help kill 1st wave of consoles until Nintendo came along, as not all its games were amazing. I knew someone who had a 2600 and almost every cartridge he could find. I wonder if he ever got ET.
Is E.T one of the worse games ever?

Jan 15, 2022
Visit site
I believe that is an understatement but there are good reasons, 1 guy had about a month to make it.

seems there is a link under the video to an online version, you can find out for yourself
I heard all the stories about the massive load of E.T cartridges being dumped in landfills and the game being partially blamed for the computer games crash in the early eighties.

Reactions: Brian Boru
It sold 1.5 million copies based on it being a movie tie in to one of the biggest movies of the year. It was a valuable lesson going forward, very few movie tie ins are worth buying still
reviews didn't come out until after release, it was pre internet, no one could know how bad it was until it was too late.
reviewers hated it, I can guess not many of the 1.5 million buyers were real happy either

I don't know how much of an effect it had on the crash. It is mentioned but its just one of many bad games that didn't help.

It sold 1.5 million copies based on it being a movie tie in to one of the biggest movies of the year. It was a valuable lesson going forward, very few movie tie ins are worth buying still
reviews didn't come out until after release, it was pre internet, no one could know how bad it was until it was too late.
reviewers hated it, I can guess not many of the 1.5 million buyers were real happy either

I don't know how much of an effect it had on the crash. It is mentioned but its just one of many bad games that didn't help.
I think the only movie/TV show tie-in game I've seen that was truly great was 007 Goldeneye on the N64.