Assetto Corsa Competizione

Any players out there?

I just finished my Sim rig setup here: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/7FzYcf

And ACC has become my game of choice for now. Not that I'm new to this I'm a long term veteran to racing games, however I have found that ACC has such an excellent overall model and feel. I love that its such a realistic view to progress. Games like GT where you have to win everything are not, in real life, winning everything is just not possible.

My only disappointment is how poorly it runs on AMD hardware. I have to have details turned down and I struggle to average 60 fps. When every other major racing game (PCars 1&2, Dirt Rally, and its predecessor AC) have no problem hitting 100+ fps, its frustrating.

Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
That's a really nice looking setup you have there. I have a G920 wheel, pedals and shifter, but that's about as far as I can commit to!

ACC is a wonderful feeling game, and the audio is top notch. Unfortunately it doesn't run great on my rig (Intel) - I think it's my aging CPU bottle-necking the AI, as it hitches terribly in races. But I'll occasionally fire it up and try some practice laps.

That's a really nice looking setup you have there. I have a G920 wheel, pedals and shifter, but that's about as far as I can commit to!

ACC is a wonderful feeling game, and the audio is top notch. Unfortunately it doesn't run great on my rig (Intel) - I think it's my aging CPU bottle-necking the AI, as it hitches terribly in races. But I'll occasionally fire it up and try some practice laps.

Its possible, the game is very intensive and has some of the best AI in any racing game. Graphically its not optimized very well either.

What hardware are you running?

Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
My creaky i5-4440 is just under the min of a 4460 so stands to reason that's the cause - I have 16GB RAM and a 2060 super, so I guess it's time to bite the bullet and replace CPU and mobo...

Congrats on completing that sick looking setup, buddy! Now, to see you come loose from your chair :p Speaking of chair, is that a racing harness I see on the chair's sides?

Thanks, yes it is, it comes with the setup. Seems ridiculous but helps with realism. Also they do sell a motion platform for this thing, but it was more than i wanted to spend.

Reactions: Lutfij
Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
I picked it up in Early Access. Was hoping for it to be my go to VR racer but they never once worked on game engine optimization. Which is a shame because the models and interiors are spectacular. And it felt great each time I turned out some laps. But I've just never given it a fair shot otherwise. Too busy driving badly and slowly in Automobilista.

I picked it up in Early Access. Was hoping for it to be my go to VR racer but they never once worked on game engine optimization. Which is a shame because the models and interiors are spectacular. And it felt great each time I turned out some laps. But I've just never given it a fair shot otherwise. Too busy driving badly and slowly in Automobilista.

Its been significantly updated since then. Its not perfect by any means, but worth trying again.

Reactions: simplyrockin
Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
Yeah, I've never uninstalled it. Checked in on it throughout. Just never got optimized. Physics and content updates have all been great. But the game still runs the same (not good) on VR as it did from the get go. I'll have to give it a fair go on flat screens some day.

I had been thinking of getting a G920 & play seat. Is it worth spending more money and getting something nicer?

I used to have a G27. It works very well but I did sell it to get a Thrustmaster T300RS, TH8A Shifter and TH3PA-Pro pedals for two reasons, one the G27 didn't work with PS4, and two, you can really notice the difference in performance of a good setup. You really need to gauge how real you want it to feel to how much you want to spend. The G29/G920 are the bottom and you can go up from there, both are as I said, not bad, and do a really good job for the price. But The Thrustmaster, and better devices like Fanatec are another level.

As for the Playseat I've never used one, I have a GT Ultimate V2 from Next Level Racing, which is expensive, they have a cheaper model thats a bit more than a playseat that i have used thats pretty good as well.

Reactions: Alm
Thanks for the reply. I think I'll stick with the low end while I'm a noob. I may upgrade later if it becomes a real passion.

Sounds like a good Plan, I spent many years with a Driving Force GT which was a low end wheel/pedals for PS2/PS3/PC that used to be around and it did the job, when it wore out I got the G27 and used that for many years. It wasn't until I decided to get really serious about it that I got the T300RS as it is an investment.

Regarding ACC the 1.3.3 hotfix was released today and fixes a LOT of the bugs I've been complaining about. looking forward to trying out the IGTC tonight!

Reactions: Lutfij

TRENDING THREADS