Are you getting a new console?

OsaX Nymloth

Community Contributor
I guess there should be a poll here. ;) Myself I am not buying console - never owned anything other than Pegasus and borrowed Amiga 2600 (if we can call it a console), PC all the way. If anything, I am still planning to get new rig this year, but seeing how things are right now it's probably best to wait a bit more. Exciting times, hardware-wise!

Reactions: JSimenhoff
I kind of want to buy a PS5 just so I can play all the exclusives I missed out on. But then another, probably more sensible part of me says why not just buy a second hand PS4 Pro to play Bloodborne, Last of Us 2, God of War and whatever else.

I'm curious as to why you'd buy an Xbox when you can play all the Xbox games on your PC? No judgement, just wondering :)

Sarafan

Community Contributor
No plans on buying a console. I'm a hardcore PC fan. There are multiple reasons I prefer PCs over consoles from which the most important are backward compatibility and controls (nothing beats a keyboard and mouse). Besides that I did a PC upgrade a few weeks ago. There was a great deal on RTX 2070 Super and I decided to get it. We'll see what will be the performance of RTX 3060 Ti, but nevertheless I'm not planning to regret my purchase, because it's even more than I need at the moment. :)

Zloth

Community Contributor
I used to get consoles and plop them in front of my exercise bike. I've still got an XBox 360 and PS2 in working order down there but haven't bought a new console since then. Instead, I just read while I exercise these days. (Probably for the best. When I got to a hill on the bike, my reaction time would get bad!)

I thought about maybe a PS5 for the exclusives, but I'm not a big fan of Sony and the way they do business, and the number of exclusives I'll care about throughout the lifespan of this console I can probably count on one hand, so it just doesn't seem worth it. Microsoft made a smart move bridging the gap between the console and PC. I won't be buying their hardware but I will certainly be subscribing to Gamepass here and there, and probably buy a few of the exclusives since they'll be Play Anywhere. It's a great time to be a PC gamer, just about every major publisher has some subscription service so I don't need to spend much to play the AAA stuff, and there's a world of other games out there, too.

Reactions: Ryzengang
May 4, 2020
Visit site
Not me. I already have a PS4 and a Switch. I Also have a PS3 a 360 and a Wii. And a huge ass backlog of games.

I have a gaming PC but it is 5 years old. Saving for a new one atm.

However once that's built I'll probably be getting a PS5 at some point - but that'll take years.

Last edited:
I'll probably buy a Playstation 5 at some point in 2021. I actually prefer the hardware of the Xbox Series X based on what we know about the machines and I think it looks a lot more attractive, but it's got no console exclusives because all its games are (thankfully) coming to PC as well. Sony, being the greedy sods that they are, do still milk their customer base for all they are worth. Unfortunate, particularly because they DO have games I want to play: Spider-Man: Miles Morales, God of War; Ragnarok, Horizon: Forbidden West, but most importantly..

DEMON'S SOULS

They suckered me into buying a PS4 for Bloodborne and it's for the same reason I need a PS5. Yes, Bloodborne might still come to PC sometime as the rumours keep persisting, but as an avid fan of the series I'm not waiting at least 5 more years to play the one game in the franchise that started it all. I'm happy to hear that PS5 is apparently a great way to play PS4 games as well, particularly the ones that have unlocked framerates. I hope some developers, especially Sony's first party studios, do some work to improve their games for next gen and that they do it for free.

TL;DR: I hate that I want one, but I do. PS5 for me.

I never even purchased a PS4 or Xbox One, and I don't see myself buying these new consoles. I just don't have the time to invest in them when I already have my PC and Switch (and my Switch doesn't get as much playtime as I want, so throwing more consoles into the mix would be terrible!)

I'm sure there will be some games I'll be missing out on, but there is already plenty in my PC and Switch backlog that will keep me going. I'd even say that I could stop buying games now and have enough to play until the day I die.

If I couldn't play my PC anymore, i'd happily get a PS5.

Last edited:
Reactions: JSimenhoff and Alm
Aug 23, 2020
Visit site
I currently own a Xbox X. Happy with it for the time being. Maybe once those exclusive games come out I'll have a think.
Saying that. I am still waiting on my first desktop PC to arrive. 3600 cpu, 3070 which I'm hopeful will be nearly as powerful as the new consoles. And mean I'll be able to play the MS Exclusives and the odd PS games (Horizon etc).. and seeing as its £1,500 probably not a time to send an extra £500

All that said. Last of Us games id love to play next gen.

Zloth

Community Contributor
It's super hard not to get caught up in the hype...
Nahhh, just time consuming. Go subscribe to the World Wrestling Entertainment stream and watch the wrestling shows from the early 90's. Not the pay-per-views, just the the shows! Each one consists of an hour or two of pure hype for the next PPV. After a couple hundred hours of that, you'll be completely numb to any and all hype! As an added bonus, only the worst voice acting in video games will bother you. ;)

TRENDING THREADS