Question Are there any AAA games that can be played without a high-configuration computer?

As long as you're okay with playing on the lowest graphics settings and you don't mind your FPS to occasionally drop into single digits you can play quite a few AAA games. Especially those where quick reflexes aren't necessary, so a sudden drop in FPS doesn't affect you too much.

My PC has a GTX 1070, released in 2016, and is still able to play Marvel: Midnight Suns without any problems. I can also play Baldur's Gate 3, though that crashes after a bit, which I suspect is because my CPU is overheating.

Welcome to the forum :)

You can play any AAA game if it's old enough. My CPU & GPU are i7-7 and 1060, and I can play Far Cry 6 and Civilization VI Gathering Storm without a problem.

What genres do you like, what resolution would you like to play at, and what are the main specs of your PC?

Reactions: Pifanjr
is that only quad core? surely you not on a 2009 CPU still
I can only find two 700 series I7's

Reactions: Pifanjr
Jun 24, 2024
Visit site
As long as you're okay with playing on the lowest graphics settings and you don't mind your FPS to occasionally drop into single digits you can play quite a few AAA games. Especially those where quick reflexes aren't necessary, so a sudden drop in FPS doesn't affect you too much.

My PC has a GTX 1070, released in 2016, and is still able to play Marvel: Midnight Suns without any problems. I can also play Baldur's Gate 3, though that crashes after a bit, which I suspect is because my CPU is overheating.
GTX 750, huh

I didn't think you were that far behind. 7700 makes more sense.
I7's gained a few more cores since then.

GTX 750, huh
gpu part of equation but knowing what CPU & Ram you have can help find games you can play

You could run this to see what games it says you can play - just ignore its suggestion for new GPU drivers as it always says that, even if they are new. I know there aren't any new ones for my card. You can literally have todays drivers and it will still say the same thing. Its really just an advert in disguise.
Don't click on the Red GPU drivers link, you don't need program its selling
But its test can show what you can play
61bkXJs.jpeg

I wonder why it thinks my Phone is my audio device? I have better choices it could choose from...

TRENDING THREADS