Question Are Rust & Minecraft Simulation Games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you consider either rust or minecraft to be a simulation game?
I run dedicated servers for both games and was curious when i saw this threat title.

Yea i would say they are. Both games are trying to simulate real world situations, ie using limited resources wisely, communicating with others etc. Minecraft also has a classroom version of their game because it can be applied to real world learning for young kids.

Can you play Minecraft dungeons online with others? It's online game? Do you play it with others? In uk we not playing Minecraft dungeons... I have it there is option online offline but I'm not trying because of bad Internet in England...
UK has bad internet?

the internet problem is slow, maybe you can use VPN to speed up the signal, always healthy greetings
that isn't how VPN work, all they do is hide your location, they don't speed up your connection speed.

spvtnik1

Community Contributor
Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
Sure, I would consider them simulations. Then again, aren't all video games a simulation, strictly speaking?

Now, to call them simulators, might be a stretch. I think the term simulator should be reserved for games that are attempting to replicate a true-to-life scenario. I would call Rust and Minecraft sandboxes.

May 19, 2021
Visit site
Can you play Minecraft dungeons online with others? It's online game? Do you play it with others? In uk we not playing Minecraft dungeons... I have it there is option online offline but I'm not trying because of bad Internet in England...
I also feel like that, why. is there a solution

UK has bad internet?

that isn't how VPN work, all they do is hide your location, they don't speed up your connection speed.
I also feel like that, why. is there a solution

Last edited by a moderator:
May 19, 2021
Visit site
Yea i would say they are. Both games are trying to simulate real world situations, ie using limited resources wisely, communicating with others etc. Minecraft also has a classroom version of their game because it can be applied to real world learning for young kids.
yes I totally agree with your opinion, that minecraft can be applied to learning for children. I do that. Thank you friend

In my opinion, all games are simulations of the mind in the form of something that cannot be done in real life, but can be felt in the game.
totally agree. but ask permission to add, that the game can also be realized in the real world, which in the end can also be felt in the real world

the game makes fun
yes, I agree that

Minecraft is a fantastic game to be played on your local network with friends, but it's not fun when you have to spend half the time to solve the connection problem. Let's look at how to identify and solve the problem by playing Lan Minecraft.
thank you friends for your recommendation, i will try it

Sure, I would consider them simulations. Then again, aren't all video games a simulation, strictly speaking?

Now, to call them simulators, might be a stretch. I think the term simulator should be reserved for games that are attempting to replicate a true-to-life scenario. I would call Rust and Minecraft sandboxes.
so true. I think the simulator can be embedded in a game that replicates a real scenario

everyone has the right to consider whether both of them to be simulator or not. but, yeah, I just love to watch someone build amazing things there. and sometime, they just surpass my imagination limit.
right, we can learn from other people. what others think and do that can inspire us

Last edited by a moderator:
Really? I just know that England have bad Internet. You can try VPN bro with change your country location, this is can work but i don't know in your country
changing country location won't increase his speed so what is point of using a VPN.

two people in same thread who think changing the location everyone else thinks you are at magically increases your speed.

Also, England's Internet is better than a lot of places around world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS