Any Red Alert 2 players here?

Dec 17, 2022
Visit site
Recently i found out there are still servers online for Red Alert 2. I really like that game and was wondering if any of you still play this game. If not you should. I've played some really good 4v4 matches recently, the game is still really awesome.

Sarafan

Community Contributor
Are you talking about the community servers available through installing the community patch from CnCNet? https://cncnet.org/red-alert-2#download I don't think that there are official servers anymore. Anyway, I have a huge problem with playing RTS games online. That's because the difficulty level is over the roof. There are usually only veterans playing the game after all this time, so it's very noob unfriendly there. I can say however that RA2 is one of the best RTS games of all times, so no wonder that it still has an active community. :)

Reactions: Brian Boru
Nov 11, 2022
Visit site
Are you talking about the community servers available through installing the community patch from CnCNet? https://cncnet.org/red-alert-2#download I don't think that there are official servers anymore. Anyway, I have a huge problem with playing RTS games online. That's because the difficulty level is over the roof. There are usually only veterans playing the game after all this time, so it's very noob unfriendly there. I can say however that RA2 is one of the best RTS games of all times, so no wonder that it still has an active community. :)

I enjoy C&C3 Tiberium Wars Kanes Wrath. Same story there, only veteran players play online.
Also, the game doesn't support IPV6. I still need to contact my internet provider about that.

Reactions: Sarafan
Dec 17, 2022
Visit site

The other players are a mixed bag, when you play 4 vs 4 you usually have well balanced matches.

Reactions: Sarafan

Sarafan

Community Contributor
I enjoy C&C3 Tiberium Wars Kanes Wrath. Same story there, only veteran players play online.
Also, the game doesn't support IPV6. I still need to contact my internet provider about that.

Is the multiplayer of this game still alive? We're talking about some private servers, I presume, because the official ones were shut down a long time ago IIRC.

Nov 11, 2022
Visit site
Is the multiplayer of this game still alive? We're talking about some private servers, I presume, because the official ones were shut down a long time ago IIRC.
The multiplayer for Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath is still active through the C&C Online service. C&C Online is a free service that allows players to connect and play multiplayer matches in a variety of Command & Conquer games, including Kane's Wrath. The service recreates the original multiplayer experience, and it is maintained and supported by a team of dedicated fans and volunteers.

Dec 17, 2022
Visit site

Indeed i don't think those servers are official, but if you get it on Origin and start multiplayer it'll automatically install the program you need for online play. It's really easy to do.

The server is very rudimentary with a very minimalistic inteface but it works really well.

Apr 1, 2023
Visit site
Recently i found out there are still servers online for Red Alert 2. I really like that game and was wondering if any of you still play this game. If not you should. I've played some really good 4v4 matches recently, the game is still really awesome.
Totally agree. I'm still playing RA 2 and don't get bored. Mostly I play with friends online. But sometimes against the computer, I can roll out a couple of games.

Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS