Annapurna's Entire Gaming Team Has Resigned

Sep 1, 2024
Visit site

Annapurna Interactive's entire gaming staff has resigned from the company following a leadership dispute, according to a Bloomberg report.

The report, which IGN can confirm based on conversations with our own sources…

[Mod edit: deleted most of article, likely to be too much for 'Fair Use'.]

Last edited by a moderator:
They were publisher, not developer, if i remember correctly.

Right, they never developed a game—had a Blade Runner in the works apparently, along with the studio which owns the BR IP, which would've been their first dev.

Annapurna throws a lot of darts at the wall

Right, which mirrors the parent company which is mainly a visual entertainment company—film, TV, animation, theater—owned by Larry Ellison's daughter. Games is their newest venture, and the company they're collaborating with on BR are also mainly a Hollywood outfit.

Zloth

Community Contributor
doesn't see any he plays... goes back to sleep.
A good thing you didn't click More at the bottom, you might have lost sleep:

Also, Outer Wilds and Stray. Not a good thing at all... unless they all just band together and create Annapurna 2.0.

It takes no small amount of talent to pick which games to publish, how to manage the studio during development and how to market the game. Annapurna was very successful, which is why, I suspect, talks to sell the company to the employees stalled.

Apparently, the people who own Annapurna are filthy rich, though, so they are probably already hiring new people, and the people who left no doubt are in phase 2 of their plan to form their own company.

So apparently no one was harmed in this incident.

It takes no small amount of talent to pick which games to publish, how to manage the studio during development and how to market the game. Annapurna was very successful, which is why, I suspect, talks to sell the company to the employees stalled.

Apparently, the people who own Annapurna are filthy rich, though, so they are probably already hiring new people, and the people who left no doubt are in phase 2 of their plan to form their own company.

So apparently no one was harmed in this incident.
I was assuming all of the people who performed the duties you mentioned for Annapurna just left the building all at the same time though?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts