Alienware R11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 20, 2021
Visit site
Sorry I'm having trouble posting pics from cell phone on this site any ideas? I tried uploading the pics to a site and then to here but says there's a problem contact your administrator?

dual 2080's.... Nvida have dropped this, so i personally would try for either a single to a newer 30xx card

2080Ti's, no less! But its a good point that nothing really supports SLI anymore.

@rayg1022 A single 2080Ti is about the same as a 3070 according to most reviews I've seen except it has more VRAM.

Dual cards don't really provide any benefit these days in games, though. Its more for bragging rights. If you were confidant in taking one out, you could always sell one of them, not lose any performance and gain better temperatures. Or you can leave it there. That system is an absolute beast.

Jan 20, 2021
Visit site
2080Ti's, no less! But its a good point that nothing really supports SLI anymore.

@rayg1022 A single 2080Ti is about the same as a 3070 according to most reviews I've seen except it has more VRAM.

Dual cards don't really provide any benefit these days in games, though. Its more for bragging rights. If you were confidant in taking one out, you could always sell one of them, not lose any performance and gain better temperatures. Or you can leave it there. That system is an absolute beast.
What do you see as far as years wise will it last for quite sometime?

Will it last a while?
Yes

How long will it last?
It all depends on the games you want to tax the system with and the sort of coding the game devs employ on said games. SLI is no longer a thing anymore unless you do productivity work. The other thing is the sort of in-game details and resolution you want to push across your display, since that will affect how long your top-of-the-line system will last.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS