Oct 24, 2020
Visit site
Specs:

Motherboard - Rog crosshair VIII formula
RAM - Corsair vengeance pro 8Gb X 4 3600MHz
CPU- Ryzen 9 3900X
GPU - Rog strix 2080 Super
AIO - Rog strix LC 360

I'm a new builder, when AI Suite 3 came up, I clicked stress test. My pc now blue screens and it says overclock 10% on startup. I tried to reinstall windows. I'm terrified I broke my new pc. How can I fix this? Any help is greatly appreciated 🥺😔

I wouldn't use Asus Suites stress test to OC your pc. You should set them manually (start with very small amounts!) in the bios. Doing the stress test is going to way OC your pc to that point. Its normal to blue screen when its set wrong though so you didnt break anything nor did you need to reinstall windows.

Reactions: Kaamos_Llama
i didn't know what it did when i ran it on last PC. i had just wanted to use it for fans but in my complete lack of understanding it set up the OC and for a long time I would disable it every start-up. It was only when it decided a few times that my CPU was cold enough that it could turn the cpu fan off completely that I reset bios and removed the program.

That was 5 years ago, I knew better than that this time I got a new PC and didn't install anything that could OC CPU besides ryzen master but I only use that to look at actual CPU usage since windows has no idea how fast my 3600XT actually is at idle. I don't change any settings in it. And its not on by default at boot.

I've been using AI suite as fan control for the last couple of upgrade cycles. At last on Intel mobos I can set up fan profiles that worked for me that I can switch on the fly. I know a lot of people dislike it, for various reasons and I can totally understand why from all the problems I've read on forums like these.

TRENDING THREADS