Age of Empires: Brick Edition - Boardgame concept

Apr 14, 2021
Visit site
As Age of Empires IV is arriving in the autumn, I thought I'll make a boardgame based around AOE 2.
I have approached LEGO to make it into a boardgame made of LEGO!

What do you think of the idea so far?
Any suggestions?
Can you spare a minute to click "support" on the idea page, so that LEGO might review it and make it into a real set??

Apr 14, 2021
Visit site
Isn't this too much out of proportion? I mean the size of the buildings vs the 'troops' (that seem to be hibernating chillfully in the corner)?
Thank you for the feedback!!
The LEGO minifigures that are "hibernating" are there to track your weapons upgrades. The actual troops you use on the board are the single-coloured "micro-figures" that can be seen on the board. Still out of proportion, but for a boardgame, I think that proportion is forgivable.

Apr 14, 2021
Visit site
It looks interesting. The only question is only about the size of the set. Perhaps I missed it in the article, but for a full-fledged game, you need a large enough assembly option?

I didn't want to make it become like war-hammer, where the game is too big, as everything needs to be moved manually, which can be a little too much troops, so I limited the number of the population to 26. That been said, if one gets multipul sets, then they can make it as big a match as they want :) *map size too!!

TRENDING THREADS