Mar 24, 2023
Visit site
Hello,

Currently I am running my PC with:

• Motherboard: MSI Pro B660M-A WIFI DDR4
  • RAM: 2x 8GB DDR4 3200 MHz
  • CPU: i5-12400
  • GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT
  • SSD's: WD_BLACK SN770 NVMe SSD 1TB & PNY XLR8 CS3030 M.2 NVMe Internal 500GB SSD

I was looking to upgrade my RAM and thinking about DDR5, so I would also have to upgrade my motherboard.
If upgrading the motherboard and RAM, I would also think it's best to upgrade my cpu, and I was thinking about upgrading it to a i5-13600kf.

Regarding the motherboard, would one of the two below be good or would you suggest another one? (Budget maximum €225,- for the motherboard).
  • ASUS ROG STRIX B760-I GAMING WIFI
  • MSI PRO Z690-A WIFI

A friend of mine is willing to buy my motherboard + RAM + CPU, after which the upgrade (depending on the motherboard) would cost me €250 / €240 in total.

For this price, would you suggest the upgrade or would you just stick with the current setup and just upgrade the RAM to DDR4 32 GB?

Thank you in advance.

Welcome to the forum :)

An expert will be along later, but in the meantime it'll speed things up if you provide make and model of your PSU, plus what your case and cooling setup is.

If you'd like specific product recommendations, then tell us the country and/or retailers where you want to buy.

What kind of games do you intend to play?
What monitor resolution and frequency are you aiming at?
Any other intensive uses of your PC?

Mar 24, 2023
Visit site
Welcome to the forum :)

An expert will be along later, but in the meantime it'll speed things up if you provide make and model of your PSU, plus what your case and cooling setup is.

If you'd like specific product recommendations, then tell us the country and/or retailers where you want to buy.

What kind of games do you intend to play?
What monitor resolution and frequency are you aiming at?
Any other intensive uses of your PC?

Thanks! :)

PSU: Corsair CX750F RGB
Case: Sharkoon TG4
Cooling setup: standard coolers (the ones that are in the case already) and the standard Intel cpu cooler for my cpu.

Country: The Netherlands, I usually get everything from Amazon. Amazon Netherlands / Germany / France / Spain / Italy is fine.

For the moment I just play CS:GO and F1 2022, but for the future I'd like to play COD or something like that.
My monitor is a Acer Nitro XV252QF(390Hz).
In CS:GO I'm playing on a 1440x1080 resolution.

Not really any other intensive uses of my PC. However, when playing CS:GO I usually have loads of Chrome tabs open.

Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS