Advice on a new built with Aorus component

Apr 9, 2020
Visit site
Hi there,

I want to buy a great gaming desktop. It willbe my first one and want a good machine.

Here is the link of my setup.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/vdFmRk

As i have a gigabyte aorus motherboard and wanted to give a sharp looking of the setup with les i saw that it was possible to control via the rgb fusion software. So I added the Aorus AC300 case wich I didnt find anywhere available on the web like they dont produce them anymore.

I was also looking into the Aorus CPU liquid cooler 240 that is looking very nice also with a lcd screen.

Is my setup is good?

Do Aorus still making PC case?

What about the cpu cooler?

Do Aorus is reliable on quality? (It seem that they dont produce this line of product for a long time from what I saw..)

Do you have other input for giving good looking with LED?

Thanks a lot ahead of time!
Fred

Just to check a couple of things:

Are you aware that AORUS is Gigabyte? AORUS is Gigabyte's name for it's special gaming brand, like Asus have ROG. Not all AORUS products are going to be the same quality, it's just a name Gigabyte slap on them to sell them.

Are you aware that RGB Fusion is just motherboard LED control software and will work with lots of different LED products from lots of different brands? You don't need AORUS products to control them with RGB Fusion.

Gigabyte make mainly motherboards and graphics cards. They occasionally dabble in SSDs, RAM, and other things, but really it's motherboards and graphics cards - you'll have a lot more choice picking from other brands for your case, CPU cooler, etc.

You might well be aware of both, but I thought it was worth checking as you're placing a really heavy emphasis on having an all-Aorus system. :)

Reactions: Zoid
Apr 9, 2020
Visit site
Thanks for your response!

Yeah I know that Aorus is a Gigabyte brand but wasnt know that you can control other brand's hardware LED with RGB Fusion software!

Did you check my setup? Is it a good start point?

And wich mid case can be a good choice? That will have LED that I will be able to control via the Aorus software.

What about the cpu cooler, is the aorus 240 seem to be a good choice? Of probably the quality will not be there?

This was the 2 place where i think are less critical in the system. If you check my built I'm pretty sure all the other part are good working horse!

Thanks for your input!!!
Fred

Zoid

Community Contributor
Yeah I know that Aorus is a Gigabyte brand but wasnt know that you can control other brand's hardware LED with RGB Fusion software!
Yes, you can control addressable RGBs on lots of different components and peripherals with RGB Fusion. It works with non-Gigabyte products.
Did you check my setup? Is it a good start point?
This isn't a "start point." This is an end point. This is a very high-end, expensive system far beyond what most folks would get for their first gaming PC. If you're happy to work with this budget, that's awesome! I'm predisposed to try to save people money, but more power to you my friend. Just out of curiosity, what do you want to use this system for? What monitor will you be using (resolution, refresh rate)?
And wich mid case can be a good choice? That will have LED that I will be able to control via the Aorus software.
You can dress up any case with RGB lighting. I'd worry more about getting a case that has good airflow and that looks cool to you, and then you can add LEDs to create whatever kind of light show you want.
What about the cpu cooler, is the aorus 240 seem to be a good choice? Of probably the quality will not be there?
I'd go for something like the Corsair H100i Pro or the NZXT Kraken x62 instead.

Apr 9, 2020
Visit site
Yes, you can control addressable RGBs on lots of different components and peripherals with RGB Fusion. It works with non-Gigabyte products.

This isn't a "start point." This is an end point. This is a very high-end, expensive system far beyond what most folks would get for their first gaming PC. If you're happy to work with this budget, that's awesome! I'm predisposed to try to save people money, but more power to you my friend. Just out of curiosity, what do you want to use this system for? What monitor will you be using (resolution, refresh rate)?

You can dress up any case with RGB lighting. I'd worry more about getting a case that has good airflow and that looks cool to you, and then you can add LEDs to create whatever kind of light show you want.

I'd go for something like the Corsair H100i Pro or the NZXT Kraken x62 instead.

I done my research and this my last build version : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/PV3dtp

I take the one stop shop approach. So I choose all component I can taked from Corsair. I think they are a great company from what i read and from friends opinions too.

For the light show I will use corsair's i cue software. Do you think I will be able to control the z390 ultra led with it also?

What do you think about this setup?

As you have see money isn't an issue as I want a good gaming pc that will give a couple of years without issue or performance lack...

This will be for playing game in my Samsung 65" 4k 120hz tv! 😁

I already have been a gamer 20 years back!!! Was playing doom and rainbow six rogue spear online (It was something at that time!!!LOL) at the end!

So I just wanna get into it again as with all is going on with the covid19 I will have plenty of time enjoying it! LOL

One of my favorite is GTA 5 that I will buy for sure and I will see for other games too. So the setup is to be able to run thing smoothly in 4k 120hz..

What you think about that? Thanks a lot for your input and be safe!!!

Cheers from Quebec,Canada!!!

TRENDING THREADS