ABS Stratos Aqua vs Skytech Archangel 4

Feb 1, 2024
Visit site
All,
I'm going to surprise my 16 year old niece with her 1st gaming PC. She told me, recently, she wants to get into PC gaming and not play on Xbox. I've decided on a budget of $1,000 to $1200. So for the past week, I have went on Youtube for Prebuilt gaming PCs. I, of course, came across Braethorn's channel and found his reviews really helpful. It's where I discovered Skytech gaming PCs. Also Alexander PCs.

I was going to get the Nebula but it's no longer available on Skytech's site. I know it's on Amazon but rather buy it from the vendor's website. Anyway, I think I had settled on the Archangel 4 model. With Intel 5 i12400F and 4060 ti 8gb, 16GB DDR4 RAM, and with 1 TB SSD. However, today I found, on Newegg, the ABS Stratos Aqua Gaming PC.

The ABS specs are: CPU: Intel Core i5 13400F 3.3GHz (4.6GHz Turbo Boost Max) 6 P-Core, 4 E-Core, 16-Thread , GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 4070 Ventus 2X with support for DLSS 3 , and RAM: TeamGroup Delta RGB 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz (2x16GB) .

So if I'm comparing correctly, the CPU is faster and RAM is better. I'm not sure on the GPU difference.
Warranty-wise, I think Skytech's would be better.
What's your thoughts? Does my comparison add up?
I would like to pull the trigger in a week so would appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

Reactions: Brian Boru
strange to name something aqua and not have liquid cooling... its just a model name as there are so many with different specs.

4070 about 29% better than a 4060 TI
has 12gb vram compared to 8gb. More future life in it compared to 8.

also double the amount of ram.

Feb 1, 2024
Visit site
strange to name something aqua and not have liquid cooling... its just a model name as there are so many with different specs.

4070 about 29% better than a 4060 TI
has 12gb vram compared to 8gb. More future life in it compared to 8.

also double the amount of ram.
Colif - I appreciate the feedback and details. I wasn't aware of the % difference between 4070 and 4060ti so that was cool to find. I guess the only thing I should be concerned about is the air flow between the cases but it's kinda hard to find that info.

This pc is 1200, it was a black friday deal and stayed at 1200. Personally bought this for my wife and its worked perfectly for over the past 2 months. Has a 4070, windows 11, runs real nice. You might want to upgrade the ram, but out of the box, its a great pc.

As for the 2 you are comparing. I bought a skytech pc for my son about a year ago, year 1/2 and its still flawless with no crashes or big problems to take care of.

Feb 1, 2024
Visit site
This pc is 1200, it was a black friday deal and stayed at 1200. Personally bought this for my wife and its worked perfectly for over the past 2 months. Has a 4070, windows 11, runs real nice. You might want to upgrade the ram, but out of the box, its a great pc.

As for the 2 you are comparing. I bought a skytech pc for my son about a year ago, year 1/2 and its still flawless with no crashes or big problems to take care of.
Thanks for the info regarding your purchases. I should have noted, in my original post, that the ABS Stratos Aqua ,after taxes, is going to cost me around $1300 while the Skytech Archangel is going to cost me around $1100. So the difference is $200. but with better GPUS, RAM, and CPU it should be a wash?

Feb 1, 2024
Visit site

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts