A good party based team based rpg?

Mar 31, 2023
Visit site
Hello I am looking for a PC game classic team based or party based rpg where you build a team of charaters, get equipment, lvl ups, do quests etc. Preferably fantasy based with diffrent species and classes, maybe werewolfs, vampires, elfs etc? Something like Divinity original sin 1,2, Baldurs gate, etc.
I already know about games like divinity series, baldurs series, darkest dungeons, dragon age, dragons dogma,fell seal, god wars, gorky 17, hard west, mass effect, pillars of eternity, drakensang, tyranny, valkyria chronicles, wasteland, xcom, the legend of heroes etc.

It can also be something like battle brothers or expedition rome. Any kind of a good game with party teams.

Also best if the game is on steam, but not necessary.

Thanks.

Well, Battle Brothers but you already mentioned it.

Solasta: Crown of the Magister, seems pretty good and I know others here liked it as well.

I also liked Wildermyth a lot, the combat is pretty good but the hook is more on the way your characters develop and evolve and the art style is maybe not for everyone.

I forgot about Urtuk.

I havent played them but there's some early access games I have wishlisted that I heard around Battle Brothers forums here and there.

Iron Oath
War Tales
Songs of Conquest

Last edited:
Hello I am looking for a PC game classic team based or party based rpg where you build a team of charaters, get equipment, lvl ups, do quests etc. Preferably fantasy based with diffrent species and classes, maybe werewolfs, vampires, elfs etc? Something like Divinity original sin 1,2, Baldurs gate, etc.
I already know about games like divinity series, baldurs series, darkest dungeons, dragon age, dragons dogma,fell seal, god wars, gorky 17, hard west, mass effect, pillars of eternity, drakensang, tyranny, valkyria chronicles, wasteland, xcom, the legend of heroes etc.

It can also be something like battle brothers or expedition rome. Any kind of a good game with party teams.

Also best if the game is on steam, but not necessary.

Thanks.
I'm not finished with it, but I've enjoyed Solasta quite a bit.

Zloth

Community Contributor
...drakensang...
If you've heard of that one, it's going to be hard to find anything for you!
  • The Last Remnant. Very large parties and an interesting combat system. The main character is an outright dolt, but the game is fun. It's also not easy to get on PC now, as Square took it off Steam. You might find it on Square/Enix's website - it seems to depend on what nation you're from.
  • The Pathfinder games aren't on your list, though I'm guessing you've heard of them by now. I've got a love/hate relationship to them, but lots of people like them.
  • Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children. I go on about it at length in this topic. Somewhat similar to XCOM but with a JRPG bent to it and more skills than you can count before falling asleep.
  • Battletech - another game similar to XCOM, so maybe not even an RPG.
  • The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk was a good one. The humor is hit-or-miss but hard difficulty is a solid challenge.
  • Tower of Time is fun for a while, though it starts to get repetitive by the end. Worth buying on sale just to see the unique combat system.
  • And, because April 1st is starting up in some parts of the world, Rollers of the Realm. Because you probably haven't played an RPG/pinball hybrid!

TRENDING THREADS