6700 XT

Good luck to you! They aren't on sale where I am just yet, but being as the biggest local online store near me is selling 3070's for over 1000 Euros and 6800's for 1300 Euros I don't think I'll be partaking for the forseeable future.

Maybe I'll buy a PS5 instead.... Oh wait :oops:

Reactions: Biggly
Dec 15, 2019
Visit site
They popped up on Scan (UK), where hundreds of people/bots were watching. But after refreshing dozens of times, the buy button only appeared on one of the boards (Powercolor, I think) for a second and it was gone by the time I clicked. The AMD shop just hung at around 1pm (GMT) and by the time I got in, it was out of stock. Didn't get so much as a sniff from Overclockers or Ebuyer.

Lucky I'm not desperate to upgrade, this is the online equivalent of Black Friday in Walmart.

Reactions: Kaamos_Llama
Dec 15, 2019
Visit site
Unlucky :confused: They came on here for around 900 Euros. They're doing the scalping so other consumers dont have to. I bet they still sell out. 🍻

There's already a scalper on Ebay UK flogging a Sapphire 6700 xt for £849.99 BIN. Looking at their history, they've been doing it with the 3070 and 3060 Ti.

It's not like they've got it in their hands, either - it's a "confirmed order". It's so brazen... makes me mad.

Oct 21, 2020
Visit site
The prices of graphics cards are unrealistic, if you look at the RTX 3060 and RTX 2060 performances, for example, they are almost the same, but the difference is that the 3060 has ray tracing. In my opinion ray tracing is not so important the old 1080 still holds up well. Here’s your 1080 vs 3060 test so just decide if it’s worth throwing money away.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4l0rOyBDsc

The prices of graphics cards are unrealistic, if you look at the RTX 3060 and RTX 2060 performances, for example, they are almost the same, but the difference is that the 3060 has ray tracing. In my opinion ray tracing is not so important the old 1080 still holds up well. Here’s your 1080 vs 3060 test so just decide if it’s worth throwing money away.

If people want ray tracing/dlss, then that would be the reason for the upgrade. I am still rocking a 1080 and will wait for the right time and price to upgrade, but its most def. for playing games with ray tracing/dlss at a higher framerate which is unattainable with anything before the 20xx series like my 1080, the beast that it is.

Sure the 1080 holds up pretty well still, but a 3060 is more comparable to a 1080Ti/2070/Radeon 5700XT.

My loose unscientific rule is I'll upgrade when I can get around 150% of the performance of my current card for a price I'm not uncomfortable paying. Any less and its hard to tell the difference

Its the price I'm comfortable paying part that's the problem at the moment.

TRENDING THREADS