Question 2060 build

Sep 6, 2020
Visit site
What resolution and FPS will you be playing at?
You could easily save between €80 - €100 by using a GTX1 660 Super instead. It's about 80% of the performance of an RTX2060 and is easily good enough for 1080p.

Your storage is costing you €130 but all of it is limited to SATA 6.0 Gb/s. You have to be careful with M.2 drives as cheap ones just use the SATA interface not NVMe. This article explains the difference.

You could easily pick up a reasonable NVMe 1TB drive for €150. This might not be the fastest NVMe drive around but it's going to be at least 3-6 times as fast as a SATA SSD.

Your motherboard actually has two PCIe 4.0 M2 slots so you can update your storage and/or get a faster drive.
A PCIe 3.0 NVMe drive will work as PCIe standards are backwards compatible.

I would be tempted to get a 750 W PSU. If you suddenly decide to get a more powerful GPU that means you shouldn't have to replace it.

Sep 6, 2020
Visit site
What resolution and FPS will you be playing at?
You could easily save between €80 - €100 by using a GTX1 660 Super instead. It's about 80% of the performance of an RTX2060 and is easily good enough for 1080p.

Your storage is costing you €130 but all of it is limited to SATA 6.0 Gb/s. You have to be careful with M.2 drives as cheap ones just use the SATA interface not NVMe. This article explains the difference.

You could easily pick up a reasonable NVMe 1TB drive for €150. This might not be the fastest NVMe drive around but it's going to be at least 3-6 times as fast as a SATA SSD.

Your motherboard actually has two PCIe 4.0 M2 slots so you can update your storage and/or get a faster drive.
A PCIe 3.0 NVMe drive will work as PCIe standards are backwards compatible.

I would be tempted to get a 750 W PSU. If you suddenly decide to get a more powerful GPU that means you shouldn't have to replace it.

removed both for
Silicon Power SSD PCIe M.2 NVMe 1TB Gen3x4 R/W up to 3400/3000MB/s SSD interno

I'm playin on a MSI 144HZ Optix,
Idk if is worth to step back on the gpu but i'd like to drop the price a bit,
For the PSU upgrade i think 650 is enought. The only upgrade i'll do will be the 519 euros nvidia ampere and it needs a 650w

Last edited:
Hi, I need to create a new pc. My idea is to use a 2060 (not the super) for 1 year then swap to a 3070 ampere.

This sounds like a really bad idea.

The RTX 2060 is 330€. The RTX 3070 is 499€. Why on earth would you buy a card that is 330é, and thewn replace it with a card you could have just bought at about the same time for 170€ more? It makes no sense and is a massive waste of money.

According to the MSI website there are 25 different Optix monitors that match MSI 144HZ Optix. The good news is that most Optix monitors are G-Sync compatible. But please check your exact model to ensure that it is.

Is your resolution 1080p or 1440p?

TRENDING THREADS