Solved 1 of 3 fans not running - solved

Nov 6, 2021
Visit site
Hi,

The pc case has 3 front RGB fans the bottom fan isn't spinning but lights up. Just booting up on bios only as don't have my gpu yet.

I would really appreciate any advice

** solved

Last edited:
Are they plugged into case fan headers or some sort of fan controller?

I assume they are 4 pin PWM fans, if thats the case it may just be one of the fans is less sensitive and wont fire up until it gets a certain amount of signal.

If you can find the fan control settings in BIOS does it come on if you set all to run 50%, or 100%? If so I wouldnt worry about it, its just that all fans arent created exactly equal, the fan that isnt spinning will come on when its needed. If it bothers you can probably set a custom fan curve and raise the lower range a touch until it gets to the point it engages.

If not you could try switching them around to different ports to see if its the fan or the port on the motherboard.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Nov 6, 2021
Visit site
Omg I am sorry I meant to post back on here that their working now, just a simple reboot! They were at different rpms but after reboot all seem to be spinning perfectly. I was panicing I unplugged cables re-routing the 6pin power cables. Good job to be honest because I am clueIess sort my first time being hands on with pc. I think they all run into a fan controller hub apart from the cpu cooler.

Just wanna say sorry in didn't repost this as solved. Just got to slot the graphics card in after Christmas and install Windows fingers crossed all goes smooth. Thank you for the help hopefully plain sailing from here now.

Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS