Question Which is the Best Gaming Chair ?

Page 3 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
May 13, 2024
Visit site
Chair—Office > Gaming

I normally would prefer an office chair over a gaming chair as gaming chairs are often too narrow and I have a wide back (and no, I'm not overweight, I used to bodybuild and still train regularly in the gym ;) ). And they're also ugly with all those yak colors :p.

But, I do love gaming chairs for their ability to recline and for their arm-rest adjustability. I managed to find one from Techni that suits me, and in black color. But after 4 years of constant use (I telecommute full time), the cushioning has worn down and I happened to order a new gaming chair just last night. I went with this one from Next Level Racing. I'm kind'a excited, actually. The seat has angle adjustment unlike the Techni that stays flat, and the arm-rests adjust in all directions. Should be here tomorrow.

I also have a Hyken office chair. This easily is more comfortable than my gaming chair when sitting up-right, and also much cooler to sit in during the summer time due to the mesh design which I will switch to for that reason. I'm sitting on it now. But it doesn't fully recline. That's where the gaming chair comes in. I love the full recline as I often watch movies in my "Office HT", or for those post-lunch food coma power naps when the boss isn't looking. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Brian Boru
I've had the same chair twice in ~20 years—left first behind ~a decade ago when I moved across country. Paired with large casters.

after 4 years of constant use (I telecommute full time), the cushioning has worn down … much cooler to sit in during the summer

Mine's still fine after a decade of 12-16/7/350 usage. I have fluffy towels over the back and on the seat, and smaller cloths wrapped around arm rests—all this protects from wear on material, and is more comfy in general especially in summer.

Enjoy racing around your room :)

Reactions: red_5ive
IMHO . their is no such thing as " the best " mouse , keyboard , headset or chair.
You may be using something that has had rubbish reviews but all that matters is that whatever you choose feels comfortable to you , and the problem is if you buy online you cant try it first ... your stuck with it.

May 23, 2024
Visit site
Oh gosh, I've been through so many chairs... I've finally found a good one though, pretty much anything Boliss makes is bliss. I've tried the short and draft versions of their office chair and they are both so so good. The added bonus is they are relatively cheap too.

IMHO . their is no such thing as " the best " mouse , keyboard , headset or chair.
its opinions... and there is only one right one of those... mine :D

Seriously. Everyone is different and has different priorities so what someone else sees as amazing might not seem so great to someone else.

there is no best gaming chair. they mostly all a waste of money... as I have pointed out.
Headsets depend on what you want out of them... some people happy with cheap ones as they comfortable. If you haven't heard the more expensive ones, its hard to know what you might be missing... this is where I sit on headphones.

there is no best game. regardless of what some polls here might suggest.

Could be worse, "the Best Ever X" really annoys me as time hasn't ended. Nothing is the best it will ever be**. Every year we get the Best Ever GPU just to be replaced by the next one a few years later... in most cases. Maybe I have been watching them play same game for too long.

** that is, anything still being made. We probably had the best ever cassette player now... years ago. Only as they don't make good ones anymore, just cheap ones.

Last edited:
  • Haha

TRENDING THREADS