Help finding a PC RPG game from ~2000-2007!

May 16, 2024
Visit site
Hello! Would anyone know the name of an RPG game for PC that has these characteristics:

You start in a castle, there is a fairy that regenerates your HP but you have to find a gem for her to continue recovering your HP, the enemies are ogres, the initial menu has some pipes releasing steam.

I'm trying to remember the name of this game, but I can't, if anyone knows, I'd be grateful!

I wouldn't normally try this, but I see you got no other reply: ChatGPT suggests Stonekeep.

ChatGPT said:
The game you're describing sounds like "Stonekeep," a first-person dungeon-crawler RPG developed by Interplay Productions and released in 1995. Here are the key elements that match your description:
  1. Starting in a Castle: In "Stonekeep," you begin your adventure in the ruins of Stonekeep, which was once a grand castle.
  2. Fairy Companion: You have a fairy companion named Sparkle who assists you and regenerates your health. However, to continue receiving her healing, you need to find special crystals or gems for her.
  3. Enemies are Ogres: The game features various enemies, including ogres.
  4. Initial Menu with Steam Pipes: The initial menu and user interface include a steampunk aesthetic with pipes and steam, fitting your description.
"Stonekeep" combines these unique features with an immersive storyline and a mix of real-time and turn-based combat, making it a memorable RPG from the mid-90s.

Does that sound right?

(Fwiw, Gab.ai's Arya character suggests I Am Setsuna, its Gamer character suggests Final Fantasy IX, Brave's Leo suggests King's Bounty: The Legend, and Google's Gemini complains that you haven't given enough information for it to make a guess lmao)

May 16, 2024
Visit site
Grateful for the attention!

It is with regret that I inform you that the game I am looking for is not one of the suggested titles.

I'm open to more suggestions and can still try to give more details: Some features of the game: for PC, in 3D, top view, you start in a castle which is basically four walls surrounding a village, there is a woman in this village who regenerates your HP, but later you will need to find a jewel for her you can keep regenerating your HP, the enemies are ogres, in the game's initial menu there are some pipes emitting steam.

Regarding enemies, I remember an ogre armed with a crossbow, an ogre that throws rocks at you, an ogre with very strong armor and a post that shoots arrows in four directions.

May 16, 2024
Visit site
That's a shame, after checking out Stonekeep I really thought it might be the one.

I suppose what you're really learning is just how generic those plot points and mechanics are for a fantasy RPG haha.
Without a doubt, after scouring several titles looking for this game, I was able to observe this.

May 16, 2024
Visit site
I really wish I could help, but now I'm interested what game this is. Hope you get an answer OP!
I searched through titles ranging from 2000 to 2007 and couldn't find the infamous game.

What I remember is that on the initial map, right in front of the village, in the bottom left corner, there was a huge iron gate that separated the levels and some pipes that released steam, something similar to the steampunk style.

Reactions: Brian Boru
May 16, 2024
Visit site
Do you have a friend or family member who also played it who you could ask? Or if you were a kid at the time, perhaps a parent who might remember what games you were playing?
You have a good point, however, I have no one to talk to about this.

The only people from my region who played this game at the time were my cousin who unfortunately passed away, my cousin's cousin with whom I have no contact and me.

Reactions: Brian Boru
May 16, 2024
Visit site
Something I wondered is whether it might be an older game, e.g. late 90s, that you only happened to play in the early 00s. Perhaps you should broaden your search parameters.
It's a WINDOWS PC game, and from what I remember it had good graphics, I can assume it's after the 2000.

And yes, I've already looked for titles from the 90s.

You start in a castle, there is a fairy that regenerates your HP but you have to find a gem for her to continue recovering your HP, the enemies are ogres, the initial menu has some pipes releasing steam.
is it a 1st person or 3rd person game?

obviously not Zelda as its only game I can think of with fairies that heal you.

I see why stonekeep was suggested as it sure sounds like it from the description given by someone else looking for a game
I remember waking up in a dungeon and the first monsters you encountered were 2 orcs. The goal of the game I think was to do quests to find all the planets. There was a room where all 9 planets were and u filled them up as you did quests. I remember a fairy forest and in one of the dungeons there was a lazy dragon. I recall when it started the character was in a cell under a big castle. You got a sword somehow and killed the 2 orcs.
https://www.dosgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26459

it sure is .... different.

its on steam - https://store.steampowered.com/app/613240/Stonekeep/

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts