Your Favorite Point And Click Adventure Games

The top of the throne:

Simon the Sorcerer, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis & Monkey island

- Giving me a lot of laughs, the most strange puzzles to solve and one of the funniest protagonists to play
Beneath A Steel Sky:
- Stunningly good atmosphere and a hilarious robot sidekick
Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars, Gabriel Knight: The Beast Within and The Longest Journey
- One of the best stories told
Zak McKracken:
- Most irritating puzzle ever made, even worse than the infamous Cuckoo Clock
Space Quest 4
- For the most tedious walking
Dream Web, Phantasmagoria, Harvester & I have no mouth and I have to scream
- Some of the most gnarly deaths and bizarre stories
Full Throttle
- Most badass soundtrack!
Kings Quest 7
- Best Parrot jokes ever made
Blade Runner
- Best enhance ability

My favorite LucasArts games:
Sam & Max Hit The Road, Day Of The Tentacle, Monkey Island series (especially Curse), and Full Throttle.

My favorite Sierra games:
Space Quest V, King's Quest III-VI, Quest For Glory I-IV, and the first two Gabriel Knight games. Also Conquests Of The Longbow and Freddy Pharkas.

My favorite point-and-click games from other companies:
Callahan's Crosstime Saloon, Strong Bad's Cool Game For Attractive People, and Discworld.

Last edited:
@Krud That Full Trottle soundtrack, so good! I liked the game, but have to say I hated doing the fights on the motorcycle. The mechanics felt a bit, erm, off.
Yeah, that whole section was a misfire in my opinion. It needed an "adventure gamer" mode where you all you needed was the right inventory item in a rock-paper-scissors fashion.

Reactions: Frindis
My avatar dictates that Grim Fandango be my top choice. The first three Monkey Island games are also very dear childhood memories for me, and I was very glad to see Beneath A Steel Sky already has a mention as I was really excited by the Australian setting as a young Aussie nerd.

I haven't seen anyone reference The Neverhood yet, which was a great dialogue-free, slightly abstract adventure game based mostly around physical puzzles, a lot like Maxchinarium. I believe it had a spiritual sequel come out a few years back called Armikrog which I never had a chance to play.

The Last Express is another amazing and unique adventure game, set on a train journey at the turn of the century. Apart from having cool rotoscoped animation a la Prince Of Persia/Flashback it also had a great feature where the inhabitants had a routine they followed while you were absent so it was possible to miss events, incentivising multiple playthroughs. There was a similar feature in Lure Of The Temptress but the rest of that game was pretty unremarkable.

Jan 22, 2020
Visit site
I mean, LucasArts winning streak in the 90s are all up there. The first three Monkey Islands, Day Of The Tentacle, Sam and Max, Full Throttle. I loved The Longest Journey also.

Recently however, Technobabylon and Unavowed were mind blowingly good.

My favorites:

- The Dig (The evil Terminator 2 as a voice actor, and Spielberg's involvement--umm yes)
- Life is Strange
- Life is Strange - Before the Storm
- Full Throttle
- Day of the Tentacle
- Sam & Max Hit the Road
- Grim Fandango
- The Orion Conspiracy (a TON of clicking, but I enjoyed the story)
- Hugo's House of Horrors
- Hugo II Whodunit?
- Hugo III Jungle of Doom
- Indiana Jones & the Fate of Atlantis (with a walkthrough of course)

Now I haven't actually played it, but I watched the entire game on YouTube and it was enjoyable:

- Dark Side of the Moon

Last edited:
May 1, 2020
Visit site
Grim Fandango, Blade Runner, Monkey Island. There's a ton i've played that are fantastic and I can list down but those three have a special place in my heart.

I absolutely loved Broken Sword and me and my OH actually played it together. One game which has not been mentioned though is 'The book of unwritten tales', a game my OH really enjoyed so if others are looking for leisurely point and clicks, give this one a go.
The monkey island games are great. Whenever I hear some music where the setting is to do with 'voodoo and mystery' I am instantly transported back to Monkey Island! I can still remember the theme tune. :)
Anyway, if you know the Unwritten Tales game, let me know what you think of them.

Reactions: Zevolta and Pifanjr
May 1, 2020
Visit site
@Zevolta I'm playing Blade Runner again now and enjoying it a lot. After I finish that game, I have to try out Tex Murphy: Under A Killing Moon, which is also a very good interactive detective game. So far, Gabriel Knight: The Beast within is my number 1 favorite detective game.

I replayed it when it came to GOG. Still great. I remember my mum bringing the game home when it first released and it coming on four cds. Which was crazy to me back then lol.

Reactions: Krud and Frindis
@Zevolta I'm playing Blade Runner again now and enjoying it a lot. After I finish that game, I have to try out Tex Murphy: Under A Killing Moon, which is also a very good interactive detective game. So far, Gabriel Knight: The Beast within is my number 1 favorite detective game.

The Beast Within is, as far as I can recall, the only FMV/photorealistic adventure game I've ever loved. (Some of the later Zork titles were okay, but I didn't gush about them and recommend them to people.) I bought it on GOG, but I'm reluctant to play it again because my memories have probably maintained its visuals better than reality has...

Reactions: Mazer and Frindis
Jul 13, 2020
Visit site
Good old days.
Monkey Island 1 & 2 are a safe bet and are best of the genre.
But Simon the Sorcerer... Man when I played that game after all those Lucas Arts adventures. It was something else.
Even tho I know Monkey Island games by heart there are so much memorable moments in Simon the Sorcerer.
Good thing I have in on GOG. Guess it's time to replay it.

Reactions: Frindis and Pifanjr
Jun 6, 2020
Visit site
I'm also a fan of the Monkey Island series. They are atmospheric, clever, funny and charming in one.

Modern I had fun with the Space Pilgrim series which I picked up for a few coins on Steam.

TRENDING THREADS