Your best puzzle games of 2019

Julez

Dec 18, 2019
Visit site
While some of these are not "traditional" puzzle games, they definitely require some out of the box thinking to solve situations. Check these out on Steam!

Broken Reality
Discolored

and for co-op puzzling:

Curious Cases
Tick Tock: A Tale for Two

Reactions: PCG Rachel

Zoid

Community Contributor
If you haven't tried Into The Breach yet, check it out. It was a 2018 release but I'm behind the times so I only played it this last year. @Rensje brought it up as a good entry level strategy game, which it is, but I think it's also a great puzzle game!

It works my brain in the same way that puzzle games do. It is turn-based and enemies telegraph their moves, so each turn is a new mini puzzle within the larger chess game. I've spent as much as 15 minutes trying to find the perfect combination of moves to survive a single desperate turn.

Reactions: Rensje
@amandachen Resident Evil 2 got some nice puzzles and while I accidentally posted Outward in the wrong section, it also contains some puzzles. The majority more of the light sort, not as extensive as in RD2 and more of the type of puzzles you stumble upon in the open world, but do not necessarily have to solve. None of the games are pure puzzles games, so keep that in mind if you want pure puzzles games.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS