XDefiant - Free To Play

its having a similar reaction from COD players that Palworld had from Pokemon players.
Its taking players out of the games, reduces number of people to shoot at. Makes them feel empty. Activision just needs more AI Bots to make game look alive still.

That and its lack of Skill Based Match Making means that it doesn't make it easy on new players but also is fair to people who are good... it doesn't make their experience worse. It rewards people for getting better. It just doesn't hold your hand and make you think you are better than you are.

So I don't play game, just watching from outside..

The problem expressed in video is just a result of not wanting to have power creep. If people level up their weapons too fast, they don't have any reason to play once they finished. The makers want game to be around for a few years, this isn't a yearly release game... so making things take longer to earn makes sense.
Scoring could be better explained, and maybe adjusted.

So I don't play game, just watching from outside..

The problem expressed in video is just a result of not wanting to have power creep. If people level up their weapons too fast, they don't have any reason to play once they finished. The makers want game to be around for a few years, this isn't a yearly release game... so making things take longer to earn makes sense.
Scoring could be better explained, and maybe adjusted.
Something like a Battle Royale might be a nice addition.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Happy to see some upcoming changes to Bunny Hopping and Net Sync for XDefiant! A lot of balancing is needed, leveling system is bad, UI looks like ****, and using iron sight is horrible. The map design is good with a good balance between fast-paced maps and maps where you can lay back and enjoy some sniping if you so choose. The Mayday map with the big plane is my favorite map since it has some faster areas like at the plane and then you have longer areas for sniping. It has a little bit of everything which makes it a top map.

The game is fast, but not as fast as COD, which is a big win in my eyes. It caters to a more casual playstyle but at the same time has enough sweaty moves to keep the top players interested.

More people complaining that its not using SBMM & EBMM
Being good is hard, they want the cod experience where everyone treated "equally". Bad players buffed and good players debuffed with lag. They don't like the classic experience where its just them vs other people on same even footing.

That isn't how life normally works. Well, it wasn't anyway. Sounds like they turned COD into after school care. No one is shown how bad they really are. People get educated playing COD that improving yourself makes your game experience worse, so they don't want to get better. They just want to shoot people, they don't want to try to get better as COD penalises people who get good.

COD keeps everyone at same level, not to make them feel better, but to keep them playing. Only progression allowed in game is after you buy something and its only temporary. Not allowed to keep winning or losing, everyone gets same experience... yawn.

No wonder they don't have leaderboards as no one is winning... except Activision. I wonder what other games do the same thing ... Diablo 4 comes to mind. They were slow to release a leaderboard. Its the same thing... make people pay to get "better". Its for sure in Immoral.

Funny Ubisoft let this game be released without all the game play extenders in it. Guess it is free. Not sure what is on its store?

I am glad I don't buy AAA games. Most indie don't create skinner boxes.

related

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts