Question Xbox App On PC Doesnt Open

Jan 21, 2024
Visit site
I just reset my pc, and so I have been trying to open the xbox app so that I can sign into my microsoft account there, and whenever I open it, it opens for about 2 seconds, and then it just crashes, im not sure whats going on, I checked crash logs, and this is what the Error message says "Faulting application name: XboxApp.exe, version: 48.49.1901.31001, time stamp: 0x5c53a5e3 ; Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.3930, time stamp: 0x9141f979 ; Exception code: 0xc000027b"

windows 10?

right click start button

choose powershell (admin)

copy/paste this command into window:

Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth

and press enter

Then type SFC /scannow

and press enter

Restart PC if SFC fixes any files as some fixes require a restart to be implemented

First command repairs the files SFC uses to clean files, and SFC fixes system files

SFC = System File Checker. First command runs DISM - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/what-is-dism?view=windows-11

Reactions: Brian Boru and Alm
Jan 21, 2024
Visit site
I just reset my pc, and so I have been trying to open the xbox app so that I can sign into my microsoft account there, and whenever I open it, it opens for about 2 seconds, and then it just crashes, im not sure whats going on, I checked crash logs, and this is what the Error message says "Faulting application name: XboxApp.exe, version: 48.49.1901.31001, time stamp: 0x5c53a5e3 ; Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.3930, time stamp: 0x9141f979 ; Exception code: 0xc000027b"

windows 10?

right click start button

choose powershell (admin)

copy/paste this command into window:

Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth

and press enter

Then type SFC /scannow

and press enter

Restart PC if SFC fixes any files as some fixes require a restart to be implemented

First command repairs the files SFC uses to clean files, and SFC fixes system files

SFC = System File Checker. First command runs DISM - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/what-is-dism?view=windows-11
Perfect!! Thanks!!

Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS