Working on Existing IP's like XCOM: Chimera Squad

Atomhawk Justine

Registered Developer
Apr 22, 2020
Visit site
78sAjbm.png

One of the most exciting things about working at Atomhawk is the range of projects that come through our door. One day we’re helping world build a universe for a game pitch, the next we’re making super high-res marketing art for a game box that we’ll see on the shelves. But by far one of the most exciting days is when a client with an existing, highly acclaimed game wants to work with us. For some artists, they've played and loved these games before they started working as an artist, so it can really be a “wow, I can’t believe I’m working on this project!” kind of moment.

That’s definitely how it felt when Firaxis Games and 2K approached us with a really cool brief on their new game, XCOM: Chimera Squad. We worked with them to create a new visual style which players will see in the in-game story with vignettes and cinematics. We also helped 2K’s marketing team on the Game Trailer and Agent Profiles, which are available to watch on YouTube.

Have you had a chance to play XCOM: Chimera Squad yet? What do you think of the new art style for the trailer and in-game cinematics?

Last edited:
I'm already on my second Chimera Squad run. The art style is great, really reminds me of Japanese visual novels. I am very happy for games to be made with this style if it means we can get great deals like we did for Chimera Squad.

Reactions: SWard

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts