Working from home? Show us your setup!

Page 5 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Jan 30, 2020
Visit site
Don't really want to post what I am using at the moment as it is toooooo embarrasing, especially when I look at what other PCs are being posted here.
I had a gaming PC which was adequate right up until it decided to morph into a inconsiderate Transformer and combined with a pile of other things while I was out one day.
The Transformer was inconsiderate because it left the front door wide open when it left.
Back into the real world for all those out there who are saner than me, it was more likely stolen.

As I'm a disabled pensioner, I cannot afford a new gaming PC right now (nor can I immediately replace any of the other things that went missing) so I am using an old i3 4010U NUC until I can save up enough.
I am surprised though at how well it plays old games like Medal of Honor and the early DOOM games (been playing DOOM 3 lately).
Just wish I had something half decent so I could try out the new DOOM Eternal.

PS - there is another reason why I haven't posted a picture - I couldn't figure out how to do it. None of the icons at the top allowed me to post a picture off my PC - or am I just suffering selective blindness?? Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Reactions: JhonJm89

Inspireless Llama

Community Contributor
As I'm a disabled pensioner, I cannot afford a new gaming PC right now (nor can I immediately replace any of the other things that went missing) so I am using an old i3 4010U NUC until I can save up enough.
I am surprised though at how well it plays old games like Medal of Honor and the early DOOM games (been playing DOOM 3 lately).
Just wish I had something half decent so I could try out the new DOOM Eternal.

Ahw! I feel your pain somewhat. It took me a loong time of saving.

PS - there is another reason why I haven't posted a picture - I couldn't figure out how to do it. None of the icons at the top allowed me to post a picture off my PC - or am I just suffering selective blindness?? Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

There's no way to upload an image directly anymore. So you need an 3d site to upload the picture to, and then use the [ img ] [ /img ] options and post the link to the picture in between. I have been using imgur and I think Discord works too if you open a link to the original picture and copy / paste that.

SWard

Supergirl
Staff member
Yup, if you upload the image to IMGUR, it will give you an option under the three dots to share the image, one of the options is BBCode (forums) if you copy and paste that in after clicking the cog, you'll be able to post images :)

cw0U4t3.jpg

Reconfigured my case fans yesterday and tidied up a bit, thought I'd post it up. Pretty minimalist compared to some but I like it. Sorry for the bad phone camera.

klQQ9IH.jpg

Q1332uk.jpg

Internals:
I7 7700K Delidded and resealed with Cool Laboratory Liquid Ultra on die.
CryoRig R1 Ultimate
Asus Prime Z170-A
Gskill Ripjaws V 3200 C16
Powercolor Red Devil 5700XT
Samsung 830 120GB Boot drive
Samsung 850 500GB Game drive
2 TB Seagate Barracuda (In the 5.25" bay)
Asus PCE-AC88 wifi
EVGA Supernova G2 750
Fractal Design Arc Midi R4 (Noctua Redux 1200 rpms, Thermalright TY147's and a single old 12cm Gentle Typhoon 1850 front CPU intake.

Desktop:
LG 27GL850
Audioengine A2+
Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO 80 Ohm
Fiio E10K DAC/Amp
Zowie EC1B on a Steelseries QCK Edge
Corsair K63 Cherry Reds
PS4 Controller.
Chair is a TopStar Xpander

@Kaamos_Llama Sweet setup! Is that the Zowie FK1? Using ZA12 myself and it is a perfect size for my hand as I use finger/claw grip.
Thanks!

Its the EC1B. I had a 2013 Razer Deathadder before but the buttons lost a bit of clicky. I wanted something big enough to palm comfortably as I have problems with my wrists otherwise. That's also why there are wrist rests everywhere. :)

Reactions: Frindis
May 9, 2020
Visit site
A cup of tea? :O

The computer table has been repaired several times and has also been upholstered with fabric - the new apartment will then have its own gaming table made of high-quality wood.

The mouse & keyboard have withstood gaming/home office for over 5 years!
In some months i will improve my gaming room - collection already some ideas.
The monitor mount + chair was by far the best decision ;D

Last edited:
slight change to my rig

GPU in ny last PC died a few days ago... why, it only had to last a few more days

LRr3Kqe.jpg

Specs
Ryzen 5 3600XT
Gigabyte Aorus X570 Eite Wifi
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32gb DDR4 3200mhz
500gb Samsung 970 Evo plus NVME
Western Digital Blue 3tb HDD
Asus RTX 2070 Super Dual evo OC 8gb
Seasonic 750ww Platinum Modular PSU
Corsair H100i RGB Platinum AIO
Fractal Design Meshify S2 Black Tempered Glass
Win 10 Home

Guess I should find some games to play now :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Frindis and Rensje
Looking good! Some seriously nice specs in your build as well!

I do wonder though, why the longer Meshify S2 case when you're using a comparatively short GPU? You could have easily gotten away with a shorter model like the Meshify C and it would have looked even better, at least to my eye. There's so much empty space in your build now.

I like it, its uncluttered in there. Nothing to stop airflow. I thought about a Meshify C, this gives me room, I have no idea how long next GPU might be. Neither were my first choice but due to current situation (and my location: Australia) I couldn't get what I really wanted. Its hard enough finding screenshots of it - Silver stone Alta S1 - it was the 2nd generation of the case I had before I got new PC

The case was the hardest part for me to choose.

Reactions: Rensje
Keyboard might be next upgrade, but current one is only 4 years old still (I think). Wouldn't mind a corsair one so i can use ICue and match it to ram & AIO colours. Think model I am looking at isn't available for a few more weeks anyway... here at least.

Mouse is a Steelseries Rival 600 and only 1 year old.
Speakers are too expensive to replace just because I got a new PC. Logitech Z906 5.1 speakers. And they are also only about 5 years old. If that.

Time for a new screen
P2nf6to.jpg

Old was 27 inch 4k 60hz. I was running at 150% scale
New is 32 inch 1440p 144hz 1ms

More fitting for my new PC.

Nice! Is that the venerable 32GK850G from their UltraGear line? I love me some LG monitors, I've had my LG ultrawide for a year or two now and it's absolutely perfect. How do you feel about 1440p at 32 inches? I personally feel games look a touch soft at that resolution and screen size, particularly ones with fairly agressive TAA implementations. Lots of open world games are guilty of this.

Then again, the 32 inch screen size can feel very immersive. My girlfriend has one just like these, only it's a Gigabyte model, and playing Red Dead Redemption 2 on that is an experience.

TRENDING THREADS