Giveaway Win a Massive Razer Prize Pack by Testing a Game!

Page 2 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 22, 2021
Visit site
Feedback Submission - ggloner (Since the form submission is closed, I'm leaving it here)

Apologies for the weird format as I’m unsure how to go about writing this >.<

My experience :
I played two playthroughs of the game. The first, I followed the tutorial, built a few hospitals / nature reserves and was passing turns basically doing nothing due to a lack of money before deciding to restart.

On my second run, I skipped the tutorial and started by focusing on food. I tried to play frugally which resulted in earning $30~50 / mth throughout the game but constantly felt I was on the edge of being broke despite starting with the 3-favor minister and spending all my favors for +$120 each.

Gameplay thoughts :
While some actions are spent changing policies and using units, the majority of the game feels focused on economy-related actions (constructing buildings for resources and for improving/balancing province needs). Without having money to build, the game can feel stale/‘lost’ due to the player’s options becoming very limited as they wouldn’t be switching policies every turn and the need to keep spending actions to move/use units (at least in the demo) has a limited function.

Because of this, it feels vital that the player manages their economy well enough to obtain a high (> +$20) profit / mth so that they can continue building and improving the country every turn / every other turn. However improving income can feel tricky when the game seems to lean towards exporting goods but (at least from my experience) trying to sell to your neighbours’ is so difficult :
  • Their demands kept changing each turn which made selling unreliable
  • You’re unable to edit/update the trade to accommodate buying/selling more resources.

In fact, it wasn’t until near the end that I felt it was more worth it to invest in a 3-star Hotel (+Garden & Museum if needed) which reliably gave +$16/mth.

The other side of the game (managing people’s approval and diplomatic relationships) felt less detailed as you weren’t able to easily look at what was modifying their approval/relationship. It kind of gave me a ‘Democracy-games’ vibe where no matter what you did at the start, your approval would keep dropping to 25~40% because you’d likely have most of each province’s needs at 3~5 (out of 10 I’m guessing). I think it might not have felt so difficult if I wasn’t trying (but failing) to reliably increase my economy and only left my people’s needs at borderline passing. That and I had a bug or something where I couldn’t upgrade my production buildings without favors despite having Green Economy on.

Improvements I’d like to see :
  • Options to skip unit animations, borderless window, resolution sizes, audio enabled in background
  • Able to alter trade agreements to increase imports/exports
  • Able to see list of resources including imports and exports
  • More information for approval/relationships (similar to international stances and province needs where you are able to see +/-s and where it’s trending towards)
  • The supply chain in the sidebar of ‘Resource Production / Demand’ could be tweaked as it only shows part of where things come and go (maybe have a full window showing the resources splitting into various parts)
  • More options regarding production buildings that require resources (e.g. prevent manufacturing plant from taking more food/plastics if it interfered with food demands or food exports)
  • Consideration to prevent units from becoming too micro-mangey (I can already see corruption being an issue when you have too many production buildings, even if you had tons of inspectors you still need to activate them optimally. Also the use feels very shallow in the demo - I had 1 helicopter, 1 surveyor, 1 intelligence, 1 inspector just roaming the entire map to do their jobs due to saving money and not needing any more units)

Final thoughts :
Despite all my complaints/criticism, I have enjoyed my time planning and making decisions in the game. I do like these sort of strategic-management games but I tend to focus on the issues I face while trying to build my ‘utopia’ as it were. xD

• Love
Reactions: DANIEL YEE

modernsnapper

Registered Developer
Feb 21, 2021
Visit site
Feedback Submission - ggloner (Since the form submission is closed, I'm leaving it here)

Apologies for the weird format as I’m unsure how to go about writing this >.<

My experience :
I played two playthroughs of the game. The first, I followed the tutorial, built a few hospitals / nature reserves and was passing turns basically doing nothing due to a lack of money before deciding to restart.

On my second run, I skipped the tutorial and started by focusing on food. I tried to play frugally which resulted in earning $30~50 / mth throughout the game but constantly felt I was on the edge of being broke despite starting with the 3-favor minister and spending all my favors for +$120 each.

Gameplay thoughts :
While some actions are spent changing policies and using units, the majority of the game feels focused on economy-related actions (constructing buildings for resources and for improving/balancing province needs). Without having money to build, the game can feel stale/‘lost’ due to the player’s options becoming very limited as they wouldn’t be switching policies every turn and the need to keep spending actions to move/use units (at least in the demo) has a limited function.

Because of this, it feels vital that the player manages their economy well enough to obtain a high (> +$20) profit / mth so that they can continue building and improving the country every turn / every other turn. However improving income can feel tricky when the game seems to lean towards exporting goods but (at least from my experience) trying to sell to your neighbours’ is so difficult :
  • Their demands kept changing each turn which made selling unreliable
  • You’re unable to edit/update the trade to accommodate buying/selling more resources.

In fact, it wasn’t until near the end that I felt it was more worth it to invest in a 3-star Hotel (+Garden & Museum if needed) which reliably gave +$16/mth.

The other side of the game (managing people’s approval and diplomatic relationships) felt less detailed as you weren’t able to easily look at what was modifying their approval/relationship. It kind of gave me a ‘Democracy-games’ vibe where no matter what you did at the start, your approval would keep dropping to 25~40% because you’d likely have most of each province’s needs at 3~5 (out of 10 I’m guessing). I think it might not have felt so difficult if I wasn’t trying (but failing) to reliably increase my economy and only left my people’s needs at borderline passing. That and I had a bug or something where I couldn’t upgrade my production buildings without favors despite having Green Economy on.

Improvements I’d like to see :
  • Options to skip unit animations, borderless window, resolution sizes, audio enabled in background
  • Able to alter trade agreements to increase imports/exports
  • Able to see list of resources including imports and exports
  • More information for approval/relationships (similar to international stances and province needs where you are able to see +/-s and where it’s trending towards)
  • The supply chain in the sidebar of ‘Resource Production / Demand’ could be tweaked as it only shows part of where things come and go (maybe have a full window showing the resources splitting into various parts)
  • More options regarding production buildings that require resources (e.g. prevent manufacturing plant from taking more food/plastics if it interfered with food demands or food exports)
  • Consideration to prevent units from becoming too micro-mangey (I can already see corruption being an issue when you have too many production buildings, even if you had tons of inspectors you still need to activate them optimally. Also the use feels very shallow in the demo - I had 1 helicopter, 1 surveyor, 1 intelligence, 1 inspector just roaming the entire map to do their jobs due to saving money and not needing any more units)

Final thoughts :
Despite all my complaints/criticism, I have enjoyed my time planning and making decisions in the game. I do like these sort of strategic-management games but I tend to focus on the issues I face while trying to build my ‘utopia’ as it were. xD

Thank you for the chonkiness of this feedback, really appreciate you taking the time to lay it out how you did.

All this is being shot straight over to the entire team.

• Love
Reactions: DANIEL YEE
Feb 26, 2021
Visit site
to the developer,hi i am grateful that developer for giving me a chance to play and test this game..i have inform the problem on the game steam blog..bit of crashes here...so i hope the game will be really great before it launched..thanks

Hi there. The beta ends today sadly, though we'll be releasing a demo pretty soon as we're close to launch.
sir by the way please ask the developer to put a few more faces ..when choosing the cabinet or the government officials..thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.