Question Win. 10 on a new "win. 11 laptop"?

Apr 22, 2024
Visit site
Hello!
1. Do I "lose" any performance stats if I use win. 10 on a gaming laptop dedicated for win.11?
2. Do you recommend win. 11 or win. 10 for gaming? I thought about maybe installing both on the new laptop I am about to buy.
3. More specifically I'm buying a new laptop for a game whose specs are the following:
  • MINIMUM:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: AMD Ryzen 3 1300X / Intel Core i5 9400
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: GeForce GTX 1070 / Radeon RX 5500 XT 6GB VRAM

• RECOMMENDED:
      • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
      • Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 / Intel Core i7 10700
      • Memory: 16 GB RAM
      • Graphics: GeForce GTX 2060 / Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB VRAM
  • If all specs are in the recommended, but I will run it on win.10 instead of win.11, will I use lose performance?

Why do you want to use 10 when its only got about a year of support left on it. You are better off on win 11 on a brand new PC
There really isn't much difference between the two as far as performance goes.

Does the laptop have win 10 drivers? That could be a stumbling block if it only has win 11 drivers, they wouldn't install.

Apr 22, 2024
Visit site
I haven't bought a new laptop yet. I haven't thought about the drivers, that's a good point.
I've read some negative comments about win.11 with regards to gaming, so that's why I'm not sure.

Welcome to the forum :)

I've read some negative comments about win.11 with regards to gaming

I've read the same, but it was a year or more ago—nothing recently, so I agree with the guys above. Win11 has quite a few changes from Win10, and one of the areas is a bigger focus on gaming, especially if you also play on Xbox.

I'm happy on Win10 and have no plans to upgrade to 11—but I'd definitely get 11 if I was buying or building new. That said, you mightn't lose performance in 10, especially if like me you don't play the latest high-action games.

on a new device, you more likely to not notice any difference (besides better performance) as its all new hardware so you don't have a yardstick to measure against. In most cases new hardware is faster than old, so how can you tell?

There isn't any real difference between windows 10 & 11 drivers, besides what OS they will let you install them on. Win 10 drivers work normally on win 11. Microsoft redesigned driver model in windows 10, they don't do that every version of windows. Windows 11 is still seen as Windows 10 to a lot of programs.

A very large percentage of programs that work on 10 automatically do on 11. Microsoft are pushing their Xbox Live on PC so making sure Win 11 identical to 10 makes total sense.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brian Boru
I haven't bought a new laptop yet. I haven't thought about the drivers, that's a good point.
I've read some negative comments about win.11 with regards to gaming, so that's why I'm not sure.
When 11 first launched it was very slightly slower. It's probably not slower anymore. Would be nuts to downgrade at this point in the cycle, and no one would partition their main drive for an extra copy of Windows. Well, there are people who eat pineapple BBQ pizza, so insanity is never completely out of the question.

• Haha
Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts