Question Wifi keeps disconnecting while lauching the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 22, 2023
Visit site
Im using wifi because my ethernet board connector is broken and i have warranty on PC so i cant fix it unless i sent it back and wait like 2 months (my warranty is like 8 months more i can wait) and it was working properly since i bought external HDD and even then it was working but last 2 days whenever i start the game (doesn't matter if its on steam or elsewhere) it just "disconnect" i lose my internet connection on google and game, and when i close the game my internet connection is back to normal. I tried looking in firewall if its allowed to go through it is and now im out of ideas and i can't find suitable solution on internet. So if anyone have solution that i could try thanks in advance. I have internet if i use hotspot on mobile but i have big ping so the question is why i can use my mobile wifi and not my regular wifi (its the same wifi im sharing the wifi to pc through phone not mobile data)

Welcome to the forum :)

So it's just one game this happens with. What game is that?
What other games work properly with Wi-Fi?

When our experts drop by, they'll need more info to help you:
Make & model of PC might be enough if there aren't too many variations of it, so our members can see what sort of Wi-Fi hardware is included in it—but details of mobo, Wi-Fi chip/card, and router + any extender would save time.

Mar 22, 2023
Visit site
Its not only one game its every game I currently have on my PC: League of Legends, Albion Online, Payday 2 and Lost Ark. I wanted to record it using OBS what is going on and realized its happening also when I start recording.

My PC doesn't have WI-FI built I bought TP-Link Wireless USB Adapter. I don't think its problem with router because I only lose connection on my PC, phone works fine. I also moved League of Legends to my internal SSD (thought external HDD was the problem) but it's the same.

The router I'm using is TP-Link TL-WR840N if needed.

I troubleshoot the network when it happens and now its showing:
"The default gateway is not available"
And one time I tested I got this message:
"The connection between your access point, router or cable modem and internet is broken" or "was broken" I can't remember, because every time I troubleshoot it "fix" it but not really.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS