wich hardware should i buy?

Feb 3, 2021
Visit site
i like to play the football manager games but with lot's of competitions but the game turns slow then. what's the best and fastest pc to solve this problem ? budget is around 6000 euro.

Hi and welcome. 6000 Euros will buy you the best on the market, if times were normal and the best on the market was available, theres a huge shortage of parts at the moment and prices are being scalped all over the place. However we might still be able to help.

Do you want a desktop or a laptop? And if you want a desktop are you wanting to buy a prebuilt or try and build it yourself? Also do you need a monitor and keyboard / mouse or other peripherals.

You dont need to spend 6000 whatever happens for best performance in Football Manager.

Feb 3, 2021
Visit site
Hi and welcome. 6000 Euros will buy you the best on the market, if times were normal and the best on the market was available, theres a huge shortage of parts at the moment and prices are being scalped all over the place. However we might still be able to help.

Do you want a desktop or a laptop? And if you want a desktop are you wanting to buy a prebuilt or try and build it yourself? Also do you need a monitor and keyboard / mouse or other peripherals.

You dont need to spend 6000 whatever happens for best performance in Football Manager.

i want to build a desktop myself only have to know what parts i should buy.
thx for the assistance really appreciate it. no need for screen or keyboard only the case with the important stuff.

i like to play the football manager games but with lot's of competitions but the game turns slow then. what's the best and fastest pc to solve this problem ? budget is around 6000 euro.
Bro 6000 Euros you can have a beast setup.
Consider this:

Ryzen 5950x
X570 Mobo (Your choice)
Custom loop cooling
RTX 3090
1TB or above SSDs
850w or above PSU
64 - 128gb rams (damn so OP)

@bh3bh3 Absolutely, but is it needed for Football Manager? @ternatalona are you really only going to play Football Manager 2021 on this machine?

If so there arent too many benchmarks for FM 2020 but from what I can find its going to need CPU power to speed up turns.

I found a couple of guides for optimizing in game settings to speed up turn times that are easily found with Google so thats where I would start. Even though some are old I believe some would still work because they arent redesigning the underlying game engine completely every year, for sure. They may be other better ones, but just to point out sometimes throwing money at a problem isnt the best or only way.

EDIT I just noticed that the third and heaviest benchmark from above does show a lot of improvement from using a 5950X. However they are unavailable in germany and the 5900X is way overpriced at the moment due to low stock levels. If you can find one of those they would be better. Sorry for the confusion.

For the GPU side apart from the fact all the cards currently available are mostly way overpriced because of lack of supply, I'm fairly sure there isnt any need for anything more than a GTX 1660. Even that might be overkill.

You gave a price in Euros, so if you are not in Germany then pricing will be different depending on your local shops. Bearing that in mind as a starting place I suggest:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor (€363.99 @ Mindfactory)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AC ATX AM4 Motherboard (€184.02 @ Alza)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory (€189.89 @ Alternate)
Storage: Kingston A2000 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive (€108.99 @ ARLT)
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER 6 GB TUF GAMING OC Video Card (€339.00 @ Alternate)
Case: Phanteks Eclipse P400A ATX Mid Tower Case (€69.90 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Power Supply: Corsair RM (2019) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (€121.89 @ Alternate)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit (€108.30 @ Computeruniverse)
Total: €1485.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-02-07 11:55 CET+0100

I would usually plump for 16GB of RAM but as a lot of the systems at the top of the benchmark list above have 32GB and you have the money I went for it. You also get a fast SSD, you can add more if you want or need it either a bigger of the same model or a much larger Seagate or western Digital HDD would be fine.

A very good quality B550 motherboard (I just ordered the same one) will allow you to upgrade down the road if you want, but really no need to spend a lot more on it. It has plenty of connectivity and wifi with the benefit on being able to run even a 5950X easily overclocked if you wanted in the future. It also has a BIOS flash feature so you can update the CPU without one installed. This means you can ignore the warning on the Partpicker page about the BIOS. You would only need a USB stick with the new one on to update it if it needed it when it arrives.

For a general gaming build I'd go for a higher end GPU but it doesnt make a difference in Football manager. You can run it on integrated graphics so its not graphically demanding. Also pricing is obscene at the moment, you could even go cheaper if you can find a Radeon RX570 or GTX 1650 Super and it wouldnt affect the turn time a second.

The PSU is huge overkill but it allows you to upgrade to pretty much any combination of CPU and GPU in the future without worrying about it if you wished, and you have the budget.

Otherwise the case is a matter of personal taste. This is a good one but you may prefer the look of another. You can use partpicker to check for compatibility. Its mostly accurate. Bear in mind that most cheaper cases below 50 or 60 may look flashier but not be built well.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts